Skip to Content

Oled B7 Green tint

As images show, a green tint covers a large portion of the screen.  Visible on nearly every image, skin tones all have a greenish tint.  TV bought in November 2017.  Have insurance but they are refusing to have anything to do with it, LG quoting me £999 to get it repaired.  Anyone else have or had this issue?

Oled B7 Green tint

Posted on 2019-07-18 12:59:00 Help & Troubleshooting Vote Up0Vote Down

As images show, a green tint covers a large portion of the screen.  Visible on nearly every image, skin tones all have a greenish tint.  TV bought in November 2017.  Have insurance but they are refusing to have anything to do with it, LG quoting me £999 to get it repaired. 

Anyone else have or had this issue? I initially thought it was to do with the overheating issue and although LG have stated this isn't the issue, they refuse to say what has caused the issue or what the problem is.

3 Comments

• Reply Title Icon

RE: Oled B7 Green tint

JamalofLGJamalofLG LG Moderator
    Posted on 2019-07-18 15:36:28 Vote Up5Vote Down
    Mullingz, it appears to be image burn. This would require the panel being replaced to correct this problem. Where are you located?
    Mullingz

Did this resolve your problem? Let everyone know by selecting "Helpful"!

• Reply Title Icon

MullingzMullingz Member
    Posted on 2019-07-18 18:02:28 edited July 18 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Hi JamalofLG, I'm located in London.  

Is this common for burn-in though? Virtually the whole of the bottom half of the screen projecting a distorted colour? 

I am very careful in terms of what I watch, brightness levels and static images etc and this is the second LG OLED I have owned.
  • Reply Title Icon

JamalofLGJamalofLG LG Moderator
    Posted on 2019-07-22 15:13:24 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Mullingz, it can occur if content with fixated images are displayed consistently for extend periods of time. Looking at the pictures you provided, I'm unclear as to what caused this to happen but service would be needed to correct the problem.

Did this resolve your problem? Let everyone know by selecting "Helpful"!