Skip to Content

Washer putting stains on clothes

I have a model WT1101CW- ABWEPUS washer that has been effectively ruining my clothes on and off for about 4 years.

Washer putting stains on clothes

Posted on 2019-07-19 02:02:56 Help & Troubleshooting Vote Up0Vote Down
I have a model WT1101CW- ABWEPUS washer that has been effectively ruining my clothes on and off for about 4 years. It drips or splatters greyish or brownish mystery stains all over clothes which are impossible to remove. I had someone come out to check it out early while it was still under warranty. They couldn’t find anything wrong with it and suggested I wash the tub. 
I have been maintaining the tub, trying different detergents, washing smaller loads... I’ll always see these stains sooner or later. It’s driving me crazy! It’s always on something new or my favorite items due to Murphy’s Law of course. 
Any similar experiences? What can I do?

2 Comments

• Reply Title Icon

RE: Washer putting stains on clothes

mgalvinmgalvin Member
    Posted on 2019-07-21 16:45:11 Vote Up0Vote Down
    This happened to me and we figured out that it was metal grinding dust from my work getting on my clothes and coming off in the washer causing rust stains and spots on other clothes- now I have my own washer for work clothes- hope this helps
  • Reply Title Icon

RE: Washer putting stains on clothes

rwilkerson57rwilkerson57 Member
    Posted on 2019-07-31 19:32:05 Vote Up0Vote Down
    I could have made the same post! Have you gotten any suggestions for how to fix the problem? We are about to purchase a new washer (really is frustrating) because of this problem. Such a waste of money to purchase a washer that is flawed.