Skip to Content

Third compressor!!

We purchased an LG refrigerator in 2016.

Third compressor!!

Posted on 2019-07-19 05:53:50 Help & Troubleshooting Vote Up0Vote Down
 We purchased an LG refrigerator in 2016.  The compressor went out in 2017 and we were told, by an LG services representative, that the compressor was covered, but not the labor.  A week of no fridge and $700 later, we had a functioning refrigerator.  Then, in May of 2019, we went through the same song and dance.  $1400 of repairs for a $2400 refrigerator!!  Tonight, our refrigerator is out again..8 weeks later!  We called the service number again and was put on hold for an hour, to be told by”Brad” that they would send someone next week as a one time courtesy to do the repairs.  When I asked about reimbursement for the past two visits, he could not help.  What a crappy product with even worse customer service!  How are you going to help us?

2 Comments

• Reply Title Icon

RE: Third compressor!!

lwarnerlwarner Member
    Posted on 2019-07-19 07:13:12 Vote Up0Vote Down
    To make the situation worse, we spent an hour on the phone with “Brad” setting up our repairs.  Minutes later, we received an email saying that our appointment had been canceled!! Now what?
  • Reply Title Icon

RE: Third compressor!!

MurrayDanMurrayDan Member
    Posted on 2019-07-19 21:31:45 Vote Up0Vote Down
    I totally agree with you - and am experiencing some of the same problems as you. Bought my LG refrigerator new in April of 2016 and in May 2018 it totally stopped working (freezer and then refrigerator). A the time an LG approved repair company replaced the linear compressor with a labor charge of $600. Barely a year later, the freezer has once again stopped working and after looking on the LG site, noticed that the warranty for the product had been adjusted to 5 years for labor and to contact them if repairs has already been made to see what adjustments could be made. So the representative said that my refrigerator wasn't covered. Also, they provided me with 2 names of LG certified companies to contact for repairs of the current issue. One company stated that they no longer service LG appliances and the other company said they do but that they charge a $78 dollar service fee and said I should contact LG to see if it was covered under warranty. However when I contacted LG they said there would be a $150 upfront charge to schedule to service appointment. I also researched and came across a consumer investigation from my local news station and found out that the company I had used previously had cut ties with LG and that there is an issue with their linear compressors. Very frustrated but am not going to throw more money away - I'm going to have to purchase a new refrigerator, but definitely not one manufactured by LG ( its unbelievable that they are still being sold with as many issues as there are ) Anyway I am going to send all of my documentation to the consumer investigator to see if they can help me in anyway.... One more bit of information is that my sister-in-law has a refrigerator which just had the freezer fail - it is an LG as well and probably about the same age as mine <<< anyway is has felt good to vent - good luck with your issues
    Janetlp4arclight917