Skip to Content

LG Fridge still not working (Stay Away from LG)

Hi all - I just want to let you know to stay away from LG refrigerators!!!  They are garbage.

LG Fridge still not working (Stay Away from LG)

Posted on 2019-07-21 16:50:45 edited July 22 Refrigerators Vote Up0Vote Down
Hi all - I just want to let you know to stay away from LG refrigerators!!!  They are garbage.  I have a 2 yr old fridge and has been services at least 7 times in the past 5 months and still not fixed!!!!!  Compressor has been replace and many other parts!!!  UGGG!!  We have not a a working fridge in 3 weeks!!!!!  We now have been told our case has been turned over to a resolution center and they will get back to us in 5 days!!  Are you kidding me!!!!  Product is total garbage!!  For those that are looking to purchase LG stay far far away. 

Best Answer

• Reply Title Icon

RE: LG Fridge still not working (Stay Away from LG)

Posted on 2019-07-23 15:41:48 Vote Up5Vote Down
    My fridge is only 18 months old. It broke last Thursday. They scheduled a repair appointment for today but nobody showed up. Probably because the service center was 3 hours from my house. Nobody at LG did anything when the service center rejected the work. Called LG back today. Next available appointment is 8/8. Asked for a supervisor. Supervisor gave me the same crap - no certified technicians available until 8/5 or later. Asked for someone else and threatened a BBB complaint (which I filed while I was on hold). Finally got someone else - she contacted a service center in my area who is supposed to call me to schedule AND agreed to reimburse me up to $150 for the purchase of a mini refrigerator. Still don't know when I will get my refrigerator fixed but at least we can have milk and butter.
    slambert
  • Reply Title Icon

Posted on 2019-07-23 18:09:39 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Sounds like the same issue I'm having.  I've been without my fridge for 4 weeks now. Repair company (LG authorized) first said the compressor and other parts were bad and were under warranty.  Came to replace the parts and them said it is not repairable because there is a hole in the closed system refrigeration line that obviously was that way from the factory.  lg wants them to cut the line and colder in a replacement piece.  Repair tech said that is not safe and it now seems that lg has decided to just not respond at all to the tech.  I have called customer service and been told that they can't do anything to help now because it is with "engineering" and there is no way to call them.  
    I've been trying to find how to get in touch with someone else at lg to get a replacement, but after all i'm hearing here, I'd rather get a refund and buy a fridge from a company who stands behind their products.
    Any other contacts you have come across would be appreciated!

13 Comments

• Reply Title Icon

stickmanstickman Member
    Posted on 2019-07-22 16:44:14 Vote Up5Vote Down
    OK..as of 7/22 I have an update.  LG(Sherri - solution center exec services) , after my wife called them today, stated to her why this was reported to her center.  My wife went on to say that (LG Tony) sent this her way.  Sherri stated that another service call has to be placed again to correct the problem.  This will be the third service call in 4 weeks.  And get this.....they can't come out till Friday 7/22.  We are now going on for 5 weeks with no refrigerator!!!  Please stay tuned as I am sure this will get better as the week goes on.  
    burningfeet57
  • Reply Title Icon

stickmanstickman Member
    Posted on 2019-07-22 16:50:00 Vote Up0Vote Down
    I would love to talk to some one and give them the WHOLE story behind the debacle.
  • Reply Title Icon

JamalofLGJamalofLG LG Moderator
    Posted on 2019-07-22 18:41:53 Vote Up-5Vote Down
    stickman, please message me your contact info and I can have you case reviewed.
    stickman

Did this resolve your problem? Let everyone know by selecting "Helpful"!

• Reply Title Icon

stickmanstickman Member
    Posted on 2019-07-23 16:31:30 Vote Up5Vote Down
    Sounds so familiar.  we were on hold for 15min...sounds like LG making quality refrigerators is not their cup of tee.  You would think someone from the executive level at LG is looking at all of the issues customers are having!!! 

My saga will continue on 7/26, I guarantee it.  Tech coming out 7/26 and will start replacing parts again...then he will leave and with a day or two the fridge will stop working....then the saga continues for another 5 to 8 days placing more service calls.  UGGGG!!!!!!

LG moderated stated this...stickman, please message me your contact info and I can have you case reviewed.

Tell other friends / customers to stay away from this product.  I am doing the same thing.  Thanks for your response.  
    slambert
  • Reply Title Icon

stickmanstickman Member
    Posted on 2019-07-23 19:10:15 Vote Up5Vote Down
    Thank you!  We are with you.  The more I read the responses the worse this is getting by the day.  I too would settle on the refund as well.  This is so ridiculous.  LG is simply are not a good company back their customers due to faulty engineering.  LG where are you! 
    slambert
  • Reply Title Icon

stickmanstickman Member
    Posted on 2019-07-24 13:43:46 Vote Up0Vote Down
    This was posted via LG...Still no call back or email....Nice!

JamalofLG LG Moderator
    Posted on 2019-07-22 18:41:53 Flag
    stickman, please message me your contact info and I can have you case reviewed.
  • Reply Title Icon

Posted on 2019-07-24 16:43:55 Vote Up-5Vote Down
    stickman, You can reach out to me via private message. If you would like to speak with someone by phone. Please contact us at 800-243-0000.
    stickman

• Reply Title Icon

Posted on 2019-07-24 16:45:24 Vote Up-5Vote Down
    Also I have removed the post with your contact information. This information should not be shared publicly.
    stickman

• Reply Title Icon

Posted on 2019-07-24 16:54:35 Vote Up-5Vote Down
    slambert, Please message me your contact info and I can have your case reviewed.
    stickman

• Reply Title Icon

Posted on 2019-07-24 16:55:45 Vote Up-5Vote Down
    varinadeb, please provide you case info and I can check on the status.
    stickman

• Reply Title Icon

stickmanstickman Member
    Posted on 2019-07-26 12:49:00 Vote Up5Vote Down
    JamalofLG - I called the 800 number.  To let you know we have a case number.  We have this well documented!  We have gone down this path with no resolution.  Going through this number is PAINFUL and a Joke.  Our case, supposedly, has gone to a "Resolution Center".  Tony(LG) told us that our case is going to this center and we were to call Sherr at LG.  When we spoke to Sherri (resolution center) she was kind of confused why this went to here.  We told her Tony (LG) told us this is where this was going.  She then told us to place another service call!!!  AGAIN with the service call and most likely more parts will be replaced!  Eventually there will be no more parts to be replaced.  No help what so ever.  Fridge still not fixed!
    MurrayDan
  • Reply Title Icon

cjheverlycjheverly Member
    Posted on 2019-07-26 19:10:18 Vote Up0Vote Down
    I just experienced the worst customer care for a warranty issue. That is not considering washer failure after 10 months of use resulting in a flooded basement. Parts fail, I am in manufacturing QA

The response to LG's failure is where my rant starts
    First, no empathy or concern about the flooded basement - lucky my wife went down to basement right after machine stopped or the damage would have been catastrophic 
    Flood happened on Friday. Next day we had our local service group in our house with replacement part LESS THAN 24 hours. When he found that machine was still under warranty. He had to stop repair
    It is now 7 days later, the repair part will not be Warranty Service group until Monday after 5 - 6 calls with LG customer service and Warranty Service Group - it will hopefully be only10 days without washer. Ironic I received service agreement extension in the mail, yesterday. I wish I could pay to void warranty then I would have washer back in less than 24 hours. WORST SERVICE EVER

• Reply Title Icon

Posted on 2019-07-28 00:31:08 Vote Up-5Vote Down
    cjheverly, Please message me your phone number and I will have your case reviewed. 
    stickman