Skip to Content

Don't buy LG

I was a fan of LG products - over the last several years I purchased a tv, washer, microwave, dishwasher, range and refrigerator.  No complaints with them until recently when the less than 2 year old refrigerator stopped cooling.  LG coordinated an authorized repair company for a service call.  They first said it was a bad compressor and a few other parts.  When they came to replace the parts, they found a hole in the refrigeration line and determined that it was not repairable because it was a closed system and wouldn't be safe (and likely not effective) to cut and solder the line.  Repair tech told LG this and has not had any luck getting them to respond.  I have tried going through customer service and have been told that they can' help because it is with "engineering" and there is no way to call them.   I've been 4 weeks without the fridge.

Don't buy LG

Posted on 2019-07-23 18:25:09 Refrigerators Vote Up0Vote Down
I was a fan of LG products - over the last several years I purchased a tv, washer, microwave, dishwasher, range and refrigerator.  No complaints with them until recently when the less than 2 year old refrigerator stopped cooling.  LG coordinated an authorized repair company for a service call.  They first said it was a bad compressor and a few other parts.  When they came to replace the parts, they found a hole in the refrigeration line and determined that it was not repairable because it was a closed system and wouldn't be safe (and likely not effective) to cut and solder the line.  Repair tech told LG this and has not had any luck getting them to respond.  I have tried going through customer service and have been told that they can' help because it is with "engineering" and there is no way to call them.  
I've been 4 weeks without the fridge.
I'm looking for any assistance and/or advice on how to elevate this and get something moving on a replacement or refund (this is my preference at this point).

1 Comments

• Reply Title Icon

RE: Don't buy LG

slambertslambert Member
    Posted on 2019-07-24 18:42:14 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Update: I called lg yesterday afternoon to try to get above the initial customer support level.  After about 15 minutes on hold waiting for the "Executive Level Support" I was told that they are very busy and instead of holding, they would keep me in the queue and would call me when the next executive was available.  This was an hour before they closed (5:00 PM CST).  It's now 1:40 PM CST the next day (more than 5 1/2 hours business hours) and I still have not received a call.