Skip to Content

Magic remote not so "universal"

I have a AN-MR650A remote that came with my new OLED55B6P.

Magic remote not so "universal"

Posted on 2018-01-04 22:23:48 OLED TVs Vote Up0Vote Down
I have a AN-MR650A remote that came with my new OLED55B6P. Apparently, the "universal" feature is not compatible with my DISH VIP 722 DVR nor with my SONY STR-DH500 receiver. In the good old days, I would have entered a code to operate these devices with a true universal remote. Is there a way to do this with the AN-MR650A?  LG customer service is unresponsive. 

3 Comments

• Reply Title Icon

RE: Magic remote not so "universal"

stf7stf7 Power User
    Posted on 2018-01-05 13:32:53 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Did you go to the Help Library for the remote and view the video which you can view by clicking on the link for How to Setup Universal Control on your Magic Remote?
    http://www.lg.com/us/support-product/lg-AN-MR650A

Did you try (after selecting SONY) attempting to control the device by going through the different Remote Types one by one until you hit on the one that responds when you select the option "Power" on screen?

If that doesn't work, I personally don't have one of these remotes, but does it have additional options where you could enter a code if you had one for your particular device?

• Reply Title Icon

aniskajvokeraniskajvoker Member
    Posted on 2018-01-07 10:54:47 Vote Up0Vote Down

Hello.

I only have option "Done" and no "Next" when trying to set up universal control for my stb.

The tv is B7V and the stb is Netgem n7800.

Please help.

Thanks.

• Reply Title Icon

stf7stf7 Power User
    Posted on 2018-01-07 14:10:22 Vote Up0Vote Down
    When setting up the Magic Remote, is there an option to select Elisa as the manufacturer?

You might call Elisa and ask them if there is a nearly compatible device that could be selected on the universal remote?