Skip to Content

How often does the LP0817WSR need to be drained?

I purchased the LG LP0817WSR portable a/c last year. Over the winter I kept it unplugged and fully drained it before I put it in storage.

How often does the LP0817WSR need to be drained?

Posted on 2019-07-28 23:59:29 Portable Vote Up0Vote Down
I purchased the LG LP0817WSR portable a/c last year. Over the winter I kept it unplugged and fully drained it before I put it in storage. This summer I brought the unit out and have been using it pretty often because of the fires in my area. Recently I have had to drain the unit at least every hour to 3 hours.Why is this happening? Last year I drained the unit about once a week. How long can the unit run before needing to be drained? Thanks a bunch!

Best Answer

• Reply Title Icon

RE: How often does the LP0817WSR need to be drained?

Posted on 2019-07-29 14:56:24 Vote Up-5Vote Down
    caitilie, multiple factors would be vital pertaining to draining frequency such as humidity, room size, and temp but the unit should display an E5 code when the tank is full. is the E5 code displaying every few hours?  
    caitilie

Did this resolve your problem? Let everyone know by selecting "Helpful"!

2 Comments

• Reply Title Icon

caitiliecaitilie Member
    Posted on 2019-07-30 00:08:34 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Yes the E5 code is displayed every time it shuts off. Sorry I failed to mention that. Yesterday after making this post the unit turned off 3 more times after just a few hours running each time. I live in southern Oregon. The weather here is pretty dry, not much humidity. The room I have the unit in is a small-ish bedroom. About 10x11. There is ample space around the unit, it can receive air freely and the vent for the window is just above it. I have cleaned the filters weekly because it does get dusty. After the filters are cleaned the unit will run for a little longer, but the next day it's back to emptying the a/c unit every hour or so. Thanks!
  • Reply Title Icon

PurplesimsPurplesims Member
    Posted on 2019-08-09 19:39:28 Vote Up0Vote Down
    solution is never buy a LG portable air conditioner, they only last for 1 or 2 summer seasons. not good at all