Skip to Content

Dual Controller - Cursor Disappears on Sub PC

I have an 43UD79 connected to four Win 10 64 computers and use LG's Dual Controller software.

Dual Controller - Cursor Disappears on Sub PC

Posted on 2019-07-31 15:57:50 Monitors Vote Up0Vote Down
I have an 43UD79 connected to four Win 10 64 computers and use LG's Dual Controller software. It works well except I have to login to each computer; to do so I need (at least) a keyboard one each Sub PC. It wouldn't be a big deal if I could plug-in the Main PC keyboard to each Sub PC to login and then back to the Main PC, but apparently I also need a mouse connected to each Sub PC or else the cursor doesn't appear on the Sub PCs! The Main PC mouse still "works" on the Sub PC's -- it's just you can't see the cursor! 

You may think, "Okay, plug-in a mouse and keyboard to a Sub PC long enough to log-in then unplug them and use the Main PC's mouse/keyboard". But here again, when you unplug the mouse, the cursor disappears!

I have enough spare mice that I can keep one connected to each computer, but I shouldn't have to resort to such a kludge! Is it a function of Windows 10 that if a mouse or other pointing device isn't present then no cursor appears? But how can that be if the Main PC mouse still works on the Sub PC -- JUST WITHOUT THE FREAKIN' CURSOR!

Any thoughts/advice?

Be the first person to comment here!