Skip to Content

Rinse Button Not Working

I have an LG Model LDF6920ST dishwasher and the rinse button is not working.

Rinse Button Not Working

Posted on 2019-08-04 13:13:18 Dishwashers Vote Up0Vote Down
I have an LG Model LDF6920ST dishwasher and the rinse button is not working. Usually you push it for Sanitary setting and push again for Extra Rinse cycle and the associated setting lights up. When I push the Rinse button now, regardless of how many times, I get nothing - no lights for any of the settings. I can’t tell if the button itself is broken or if the Sanitary and/or Extra Rinse cycles are working/occurring. I do have LG approved liquid rinse aid in the rinse aid dispenser.

2 Comments

• Reply Title Icon

RE: Rinse Button Not Working

JamalofLGJamalofLG LG Moderator
    Posted on 2019-08-06 18:34:29 Vote Up0Vote Down
    ralpemba, ensure the CHILD LOCK function is deactivated on the control panel. You would press and hold DELICATE and RINSE ONLY for 3 seconds. If the problem continues, service would be needed for a proper diagnosis.

Did this resolve your problem? Let everyone know by selecting "Helpful"!

• Reply Title Icon

RE: Rinse Button Not Working

clady2000clady2000 Member
    Posted on 2019-10-23 01:24:45 Vote Up0Vote Down
    I have the very same model LG dishwasher and my rinse button does the exact same thing.  All other buttons including the delay wash button all work as they should, however, the rinse button works every now and then.  What I have found to work most of the time, especially if I'm wanting the extra rinse cycle ( usually all uses) is that when it doesn't work, I cancel the wash.  Wait about 5 minutes and try again, and usually around 95% of the time, it suddenly works!  Don't ask me why....however, waiting a few minutes after a dud non-working button, it suddenly works.  It's been doing this for the past couple of years, and I haven't found it's worth calling for a repair, just for a rinse button that sometimes works!