Skip to Content

Two remotes for OLED 55C7.

Looking to buy new OLED 55C7.

Two remotes for OLED 55C7.

Posted on 2018-01-08 00:11:02 OLED TVs Vote Up0Vote Down
Looking to buy new OLED 55C7. Concerned about remote.  Current  TV wife & I both have remotes IR for tv, RF for Directv.  Can I set up two remotes for the 55C7?

Best Answer

• Reply Title Icon

RE: Two remotes for OLED 55C7.

Posted on 2018-01-08 11:12:35 Vote Up5Vote Down
    Are you asking if the remote that comes with the 55C7 can control the TV and an additional device like the DirectTV box? I would think so, but instead of RF for the DirectTV box, it would probably have to use IR.

Did you check that the DirectTV box you have has an IR capability?
    lawrencesam
  • Reply Title Icon

Posted on 2018-01-08 17:17:57 Vote Up5Vote Down
    Meant to repeat that I think the trick here is to change the Dish remote to RF+IR, and not just RF. Maybe it's already set that way. If you could look on the remote, there may be a model number... Then you could look up it's manual online if you don't have a copy.
    lawrencesam

2 Comments

• Reply Title Icon

lawrencesamlawrencesam Member
    Posted on 2018-01-08 16:01:09 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Wife & I set about 10 feet apart, want to have two remotes to control the  TV.  As of now, both of us have two remotes to control the TV & two remotes for Directv.
  • Reply Title Icon

stf7stf7 Power User
    Posted on 2018-01-08 17:15:42 Vote Up5Vote Down
    I see. That setup probably avoids many arguments with the wife! :)

I don't think the TV cares which remote, and therefore which of the two of you is sending the infra-red pulses to the set or the Dish STB (Set Top Box) to command them... You might have to get another remote, the same model that comes with the set or something manufactured by others compatible with the 55C7. You could look on Amazon. I don't think you need two remotes identical - the one that comes with the set could be your "full-featured master", and the other just needs to be able to power on both the TV and STB, change channels, adjust volume.

The manual for the TV and an on-line user's guide for the model is here:
    http://www.lg.com/us/support-product/lg-OLED55C7P

As I was mentioning before, I think it's possible that you can just use two remotes (you use the master, the wife uses another or vice-versa). Both need to be configured to control both the Dish STB and the TV. My thinking, perhaps the remote that comes with the Dish STB can be programmed to also control the TV on/off and volume. In other words, you wouldn't necessarily have to buy another remote. Two remotes *his and hers* should be sufficient. Four should not be necessary.

lawrencesam