Skip to Content

Optical output not working

I cannot seem to be able ro get the Optical output on my on model 65UM7660PVA I have tried multiple cables that work in other devices.

Optical output not working

Posted on 2019-08-06 16:46:41 Super UHD TVs Vote Up0Vote Down
I cannot seem to be able ro get the Optical output on my on model 65UM7660PVA
I have tried multiple cables that work in other devices. One thing i have noticed is there is no red light showing out of the port, do i meed it serviced, it is only 2 weeks old.
Tagged:

4 Comments

• Reply Title Icon

RE: Optical output not working

JamalofLGJamalofLG LG Moderator
    Posted on 2019-08-06 17:04:12 Vote Up0Vote Down
    jag108, I would ensure the optical cable is seated properly in the outlet and the setting have been changed to output to the optical. If the problem continues, service would be needed for further diagnosis.  

Did this resolve your problem? Let everyone know by selecting "Helpful"!

• Reply Title Icon

4K_Fanatic4K_Fanatic Member
    Posted on 2019-08-25 18:59:04 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Having the same issue on my 65SJ9500.
  • Reply Title Icon

4K_Fanatic4K_Fanatic Member
    Posted on 2019-08-25 19:02:29 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Optical output stopped working suddenly.  I reset sound settings in tv ( chose optical out for audio and not LG sound sync or hdmi for sound because optical audio out has always worked.
  • Reply Title Icon

BBSTAR1BBSTAR1 Member
    Posted on 2019-09-04 00:09:49 Vote Up5Vote Down
    Interesting - Just had a somewhat similar situation. I always used the 'Optical Out + TV Audio' as I like the combination effect. Then we had to do a complete reset on the TV (OLED 65E6P) for wi-fi issues with AT&T. Had to redo all the HULU etc, etc channels and p/words. Then with everything back on with the same sound settings, the optical combo didn't work on HULU, AMAZON or NETFLIX - only the TV sound. But the combo worked when I pulled up a web page like on YouTube and played a video - VERY WIERD! So I uninstalled and completely reinstalled HULU, as a test, to see if that did the trick...NOPE! So then I set the sound out only on Optical and it worked fine... So whatever module, software etc that runs the combo sound is not working as far as the optical out part of it. I sure would like to know if there is a SIMPLE fix for that.... or if it's just age, use and there's no hope...  
    RGarza84