Skip to Content

Disappointed in LG Customer Service

I am disappointed with LG Customer Service.  I am a repeat customer and have been treated as though LG does NOT care.

Disappointed in LG Customer Service

Posted on 2019-08-06 18:19:35 Help & Troubleshooting Vote Up0Vote Down

I am disappointed with LG Customer Service.  I am a repeat customer and have been treated as though LG does NOT care.

My dryer (purchased 10-17-2018) did not dry our clothes beginning on 7-8-19 (today is 8-6-19) and is still not working.  I have had A&E Factory Service out 3 times already and is still not working.  The first diagnosis (7-16-19)  was it was a bad igniter.  A new one was shipped and 9 days later the technician came out (7-25-19) to replace and behold the igniter that was shipped was defective.  So a new one was ordered and is it is still not working.   

When the A&E technician came out today (8-6-19) he said he had a message from "Stack(?)" to further expedite the issue they would have a conference call with LG.  Today it was determined that there MIGHT? be an issue with the control board.  So to expedite this the A&E technician requested the part be shipped overnight.  LG REFUSED to ship this overnight. 

I called their customer service number (800-243-0000) after a 1/2 hour on the phone they said they could not help and suggested that I call your parts department.

In case you are wondering if you read that right,  yes, it was suggested that I should call the parts department to try to convince them. 

Look I realize it cost a couple bucks extra to ship overnight, but after 29 days and is it is still not working, is this the kind of customer service one can expect from LG?  So for that extra $5 is it worth it to LG to lose a repeat customer?  Is it worth $5 to LG to have me tell others of my experience when asked by family and friends?

8 Comments

• Reply Title Icon

RE: Disappointed in LG Customer Service

JamalofLGJamalofLG LG Moderator
    Posted on 2019-08-06 18:23:50 Vote Up0Vote Down
    jjdeadhead, Please message me your contact information and I will have your case reviewed further.

Did this resolve your problem? Let everyone know by selecting "Helpful"!

• Reply Title Icon

jjdeadheadjjdeadhead Member
    Posted on 2019-08-06 19:45:25 edited August 6 Vote Up0Vote Down

Thanks JamalofLG

• Reply Title Icon

depackrdepackr Member
    Posted on 2019-08-07 15:07:02 Vote Up0Vote Down
    I feel your pain.  LG service is not good at all.  I get a run around and can't use my range oven.  They want to A&E come back again and check the same thing.
  • Reply Title Icon

Posted on 2019-08-07 17:02:06 Vote Up0Vote Down
    depackr, please message me your contact information and I will have your case reviewed.

• Reply Title Icon

keysbunikeysbuni Member
    Posted on 2019-08-07 17:35:58 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Have contacted customer service several times about getting my tv repaired. All I get is a run around. They tell me they need more information, which I provide, and then I’m told it will take 2-5 days for work order. This has been going on for a month. Talk with supervisor today who was very rude and not helpful at all. She would ignore my questions and put me on hold for 20 min. Still no answer on when my tv will be repaired. 
  • Reply Title Icon

Posted on 2019-08-08 13:09:38 Vote Up0Vote Down
    keysbuni, please message me your information and I will have this reviewed further.

• Reply Title Icon

lwarnerlwarner Member
    Posted on 2019-08-13 23:44:58 Vote Up0Vote Down
    We have not had a working refrigerator for over a month, even though we bought the top of the line for LG.  I am disabled and cannot walk down 3 flights of stairs to carry food from the working fridge in order garage.  We have had 5 technicians come to the house, each time my husband has to take off from work to accommodate the four hour window.  The fifth tech just left and still could not get it working.  I have called and , of course, all managers are off duty. I will call my lawyer in the morning and alert the media. Should make an interesting brews report...retired military officer of over 30 years and his disabled wife. 
  • Reply Title Icon

Posted on 2019-08-14 15:15:27 Vote Up0Vote Down
    lwarner, please message me your contact information used to contact LG and I will have the case reviewed.