Skip to Content

LG 34UC87M-B Monitor won't function after power surge

Hello, We had a power surge at my office over the weekend and one of our IT Head's monitors quit working.

LG 34UC87M-B Monitor won't function after power surge

Posted on 2019-08-07 14:37:05 Monitors Vote Up0Vote Down
Hello,
We had a power surge at my office over the weekend and one of our IT Head's monitors quit working. The monitor was plugged into a backup/surge-protector at the time of the surge, so we thought it might be a simple fix. I was given the task of troubleshooting it in office, so I tried all the simple stuff: changing to a known working outlet, changing input ports and cables-tried them all, leaving it off and unplugged for a while, and cycling power. I never received any response from the monitor. I brought the monitor home in the hopes that I had missed something or there was something else to try. I did pop the back off yesterday and take a look at the components and all the capacitors looked fine and I saw no obvious burn marks on the board, but my expertise ended there. Any ideas?

Best Answer

• Reply Title Icon

RE: LG 34UC87M-B Monitor won't function after power surge

Posted on 2019-08-07 17:32:30 Vote Up0Vote Down
    190719, I would recommend replacing the power cord 1st. If that is replaced and the problem continues, it would need to be sent in for service.

Did this resolve your problem? Let everyone know by selecting "Helpful"!

1 Comments

• Reply Title Icon

RE: LG 34UC87M-B Monitor won't function after power surge

190719190719 Member
    Posted on 2019-08-07 19:37:41 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Unfortunately, that was the first thing I did. If it's out of warranty I might as well just buy a new monitor.