Skip to Content

LFXC24796S Right Door Does Not Open Far enough

Maybe a community forum will do better for my needs than LG's helpdesk.  Just had this refrigerator delivered and installed (didn't think of the issue until …

LFXC24796S Right Door Does Not Open Far enough

Posted on 2019-08-07 21:00:49 Refrigerators Vote Up0Vote Down
Maybe a community forum will do better for my needs than LG's helpdesk.  Just had this refrigerator delivered and installed (didn't think of the issue until after they long left), is model # LFXC24796S.  It is incredibly annoying that the right door does not open far enough to allow me to put food inside and get it out without having to open both doors.  The owner's manual makes only a mentioning of leveling the doors and does not talk about increasing the stopping point.  LG "customer support" told me the door only opens 90 degrees, after I explained it opens about 100 but the owner's manual mentions 90 degrees when measuring the depth so they just wanted to get credit for closing the call and going.  Frustrating.  Even more frustrating though, is that I have to open both doors to access food on the right side of my refrigerator.  The floor model at the store opened further, but it was a bigger refrigerator and mine is the counter depth.  I'm really hoping that I'm missing something simple, because this is enough to write a bad review and return the refrigerator for a competitor's model.  The door needs to open closer to 180 degrees like the left side.  I suspect it doesn't though because none of the photos online except one even show the right door open.  The one face on photo makes it seem like it opens further than my refrigerator but it could be camera angle work.  Does anyone know whether this can be adjusted or how far the maximum open angle is for this model because support was wrong since mine already opens past 90, it's just that it needs to be 150 to 180.

2 Comments

• Reply Title Icon

RE: LFXC24796S Right Door Does Not Open Far enough

JamalofLGJamalofLG LG Moderator
    Posted on 2019-08-08 15:40:48 Vote Up0Vote Down
    jasong21, can you provide a photo of the fridge doors opened.

Did this resolve your problem? Let everyone know by selecting "Helpful"!

• Reply Title Icon

RE: LFXC24796S Right Door Does Not Open Far enough

dasfl49dasfl49 Member
    Posted on 2019-08-10 21:19:39 Vote Up5Vote Down
    jasong21, Although I don't have the counter-depth model, I do have an InstaView model such as yours. You're correct that the 90 degrees referenced was only used to show the maximum depth of the refrigerator when doors are opened. The dimensions page of the installation manual for my refrigerator (LFXS26596S) has a diagram that while not giving a number, clearly shows the right door opening to about 135-140 degrees. That's consistent with how my right door opens, and is sufficient for easy access to load and remove food without having to open the left door. So if yours is only opening to 100 degrees, I'm inclined to agree that there's an issue preventing full swing of the right door. 
    JamalofLG