Skip to Content

OLED55C9PUA ARC not working properly with Yamaha RX-V773, Magic remote won't control power

I tried to connect my new C9 with my Yamaha receiver via ARC.

OLED55C9PUA ARC not working properly with Yamaha RX-V773, Magic remote won't control power

Posted on 2019-08-13 01:41:55 OLED TVs Vote Up0Vote Down
I tried to connect my new C9 with my Yamaha receiver via ARC. It works, mostly, but the receiver keeps turning itself to AV4 and I have to manually switch the input back to the HDMI where I have the TV connected. 
I finally gave up on that and connected the TV optical audio output to the AV receiver. The audio works fine but I can't figure out how to get the Magic remote to cycle the power or control the volume on the receiver. It doesn't do any good to try the Device Connector because the AVR is only being used for sound.
Is there some way I can either get the ARC to work properly or the Magic remote to control the AVR's volume and power?

2 Comments

• Reply Title Icon

RE: OLED55C9PUA ARC not working properly with Yamaha RX-V773, Magic remote won't control power

JamalofLGJamalofLG LG Moderator
    Posted on 2019-08-13 16:49:41 Vote Up0Vote Down

wilk, I would suggest checking the  configuring the ARC settings for the receiver. Some receivers allow auto sync to be turned off and it should correct this problem. Is there any device connected to AV4? If so what is it?

For control via optical, you can try using LG Sound Sync Optical. This would sync compatible devices with the magic remote and would enable control of volume and power from the magic remote.

Did this resolve your problem? Let everyone know by selecting "Helpful"!

• Reply Title Icon

RE: OLED55C9PUA ARC not working properly with Yamaha RX-V773, Magic remote won't control power

GuyinMileHighGuyinMileHigh Member
    Posted on 2019-09-29 20:27:06 edited September 2019 Vote Up0Vote Down
    @wilk do not listen to this Jamal Moderator. He is just copy/paste info and has no idea what he is saying. He should really be trying to troubleshoot the broken firmware update that ruins existing HDMI ARC connections!