Skip to Content

Hdmi Arc problems

Hello , I have just got my LG tv and trying to connect my Soundbar to it using Hdmi Arc so I can control the power off/on and volume using the tv remote.

Hdmi Arc problems

Posted on 2019-08-13 20:01:16 4K Ultra HD TVs Vote Up0Vote Down
Hello , I have just got my LG tv and trying to connect my Soundbar to it using Hdmi Arc so I can control the power off/on and volume using the tv remote. I can connect the Soundbar and it will work but sometimes it won’t power off the speaker when I switch off the tv or it switches off the Soundbar but won’t switch it back on , if I then manually switch on the Soundbar there is no sound. I have tried various power cycles and factory resets , tried setting things in different order but to no avail. I have everything set to PCM and Simplink is On. Sound output is set to Hdmi Arc.  I have tried the Soundbar on my other tv which is a Samsung and that works fine. Any ideas?

4 Comments

• Reply Title Icon

RE: Hdmi Arc problems

JamalofLGJamalofLG LG Moderator
    Posted on 2019-08-14 14:22:11 Vote Up0Vote Down

slattster, I would recommend setting up the sound bar in the Device Connector also as sometimes the SIMPLINK (HDMI-CEC) may not always communicate properly every time between the TV and the connected device. What is the model number to your TV and sound bar?

Did this resolve your problem? Let everyone know by selecting "Helpful"!

• Reply Title Icon

slattsterslattster Member
    Posted on 2019-08-14 16:33:09 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Hello Jamal , isn’t device connector just for use with magic remote ? The tv is 43um7400plb , the Soundbar is Qacoustics M2 . I have progressed with the problem , hopefully you will have a solution to this , I have isolated it down to a Hdmi switch. I have the Soundbar connected directly to the Hdmi Arc input , I then have all my other devices ...ps3,dvd player etc going into the Hdmi switch which then goes to Hdmi 3 , I have tried Hdmi 1 also but get the same problem. If I connect my devices direct without the switch it works ok . How to I get my Soundbar to work while my switch is connected ? 
  • Reply Title Icon

slattsterslattster Member
    Posted on 2019-08-15 08:31:20 Vote Up5Vote Down
    Hello Jamal , it looks like I have sorted it , I had to disable CEC on all devices connected to the Hdmi switch , all but one already had it disabled , I had to enable CEC on the ones that had a sub menu , disable all the sub menu items then disable CEC again , since doing this the speaker works and powers on and off when the tv does. Hope this helps someone.
    JamalofLG
  • Reply Title Icon

JamalofLGJamalofLG LG Moderator
    Posted on 2019-08-15 14:23:41 Vote Up0Vote Down
    slattster, Thanks for the follow up.

Did this resolve your problem? Let everyone know by selecting "Helpful"!