Skip to Content

Tiny nick in 65uh9500

This morning I was working in my kitchen and the electronics case I was working on broke and a tiny 5mm screw flew off, hit me in the chest, and flew another 12 feet and put a 1-2mm nick on my PERFECT 65uh9500.  Now I have bright white shining through this nick and I'm a bit upset as I really take care of this TV.  if i gently rub my fingernail on the screen I can tell it is a nick that probably less than 1mm deep but it is allowing all the light to come out even when a dark scene is on the video.

Tiny nick in 65uh9500

Posted on 2019-08-16 15:32:04 edited August 16 4K Ultra HD TVs Vote Up0Vote Down
This morning I was working in my kitchen and the electronics case I was working on broke and a tiny 5mm screw flew off, hit me in the chest, and flew another 12 feet and put a 1-2mm nick on my PERFECT 65uh9500.  Now I have bright white shining through this nick and I'm a bit upset as I really take care of this TV.  if i gently rub my fingernail on the screen I can tell it is a nick that probably less than 1mm deep but it is allowing all the light to come out even when a dark scene is on the video.
Any ideas short of a tiny drop of black or grey fingernail polish in this nick to repair this, since it is now a 4 year old TV and (was) perfect as of a few hours ago.

2 Comments

• Reply Title Icon

RE: Tiny nick in 65uh9500

JamalofLGJamalofLG LG Moderator
    Posted on 2019-08-16 16:45:16 edited August 16 Vote Up0Vote Down
    GitBizy, replacing the screen would be the recommend repair. I would advise against using the nail polish since it can cause further damage to the TV screen. Instead of a white spot you may end up with a black blob.

Did this resolve your problem? Let everyone know by selecting "Helpful"!

• Reply Title Icon

RE: Tiny nick in 65uh9500

GitBizyGitBizy Member
    Posted on 2019-08-16 19:07:03 Vote Up0Vote Down
    @JamalofLG
    hello Jamal- Thank you for your reply.
    any idea on the cost of this on my 65UH9500 TV or if these replacement screens are even still available?

the concern here is that the TV is (was) flawless and is a 2016 model, but I don't want to spend $1,000 fixing a TV that is currently depreciated to a few hundred (due to age)...?