LG Gram 15Z980-R.AAS9U1 Touch screen driver missing after reset?
Here's a list of what I've tried doing to fix this:
- Simply restarting the laptop. At least 5 times.
- Windows Update (Only receiving security updates it seems).
- Checking every HID-Compliant driver for software updates. Nothing.
- Doing another System Restore to see if it was maybe a mishap and just didn't install the driver. Nope, still not working.
- Using 3rd-Party software like DriverEasy. Nada, nothing.
- Checking LG's website for the driver download. Nothing again. (Why do they only have 3 drivers and the update center to download on this specific laptop???)
Honestly, I can't imagine that a simple reset just bricked my touch screen as a whole. I didn't move the laptop between when I was using it before and after the reset, and again, the touchscreen was working beforehand. So what can I do to try and fix this? I'm open to any suggestions, albeit that if all the stuff that I already did is what would've fixed it, I guess I'm out of luck. Really don't want to send it in for a service repair and be billed a heavy fee for something that shouldn't be broken from a reset.