Skip to Content

LG Gram 15Z980-R.AAS9U1 Touch screen driver missing after reset?

I have been trying for the past couple of days to find ANY way to reinstall the drivers for my laptop's touchscreen to work again.

LG Gram 15Z980-R.AAS9U1 Touch screen driver missing after reset?

Posted on 2019-08-24 06:26:38 Laptops Vote Up0Vote Down
I have been trying for the past couple of days to find ANY way to reinstall the drivers for my laptop's touchscreen to work again. This problem has only been happening after I had to reset my laptop due to some incredibly slow performance issues. But upon resetting, my touchscreen just stopped working. And it turns out, the HID-compliant touch screen driver is missing! Nay, it's not even on the device manager at all using the "Show hidden devices" option.

Here's a list of what I've tried doing to fix this:

- Simply restarting the laptop. At least 5 times.
- Windows Update (Only receiving security updates it seems).
- Checking every HID-Compliant driver for software updates. Nothing.
- Doing another System Restore to see if it was maybe a mishap and just didn't install the driver. Nope, still not working.
- Using 3rd-Party software like DriverEasy. Nada, nothing.
- Checking LG's website for the driver download. Nothing again. (Why do they only have 3 drivers and the update center to download on this specific laptop???)

Honestly, I can't imagine that a simple reset just bricked my touch screen as a whole. I didn't move the laptop between when I was using it before and after the reset, and again, the touchscreen was working beforehand. So what can I do to try and fix this? I'm open to any suggestions, albeit that if all the stuff that I already did is what would've fixed it, I guess I'm out of luck. Really don't want to send it in for a service repair and be billed a heavy fee for something that shouldn't be broken from a reset.

1 Comments

• Reply Title Icon

RE: LG Gram 15Z980-R.AAS9U1 Touch screen driver missing after reset?

jwwertjrjwwertjr Member
    Posted on 2019-09-20 19:38:27 Vote Up0Vote Down
    I'm having the same problem.  Did you ever figure this out?