Skip to Content

NO SIGNAL on TV with Fios set top box

markhovanec  August 23 I just bought the new LG 75" 4K nano cell that uses the (awful) magic remote.

NO SIGNAL on TV with Fios set top box

Posted on 2019-08-24 11:02:13 4K Ultra HD TVs Vote Up0Vote Down
markhovanec  August 23
I just bought the new LG 75" 4K nano cell that uses the (awful) magic remote. I have my DVD player working (it has apps that work), my Apple TV works, BUT my Fios box doesn't work. FYI - I am using optical out for audio. I've done high-end AV systems and home theater and this is really weird. Certainly not plug and play.

I have 3 HDMI cables connected to the TV. I have 4 Fios boxes in the house. I have used multiple boxes from other rooms that work on all 3 inputs. All I get is a black screen and get "NO SIGNAL". 

I have 250 MB wifi at the TV and all devices.

Can you please help me? I'm okay with you proving I'm an idiot. One thing that may help - when I was setting up the remote it seemed to have a mind of its own and fought me on what was an input.

Thanks in advance,
Mark

mark@barkingtoadmedia.com
Tagged:

3 Comments

• Reply Title Icon

RE: NO SIGNAL on TV with Fios set top box

JamalofLGJamalofLG LG Moderator
    Posted on 2019-08-30 18:21:44 Vote Up-5Vote Down
    markhovanec, how long is the HDMI cable being used? Since you are using a receiver sound, when your on the FIOS HDMI is there sound from the receiver? 
    davidb

Did this resolve your problem? Let everyone know by selecting "Helpful"!

• Reply Title Icon

davidbdavidb Member
    Posted on 2019-08-30 20:23:41 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Did not resolve.  FIOS box works with HDMI port 1 but not with HDMI port 2, 3, 4 on my new LG OLED55C9PUA
  • Reply Title Icon

davidbdavidb Member
    Posted on 2019-08-30 20:28:50 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Mark, called LG service supervisor and was told that HDMI 1 is specially configured to work with the newest set top boxes.  HDMI 2, 3 and 4 are incompatible.  I haven't found that info anywhere else.  Try HDMI 1 and see if that works.