Skip to Content

Help 65SJ9500 multiple tech questions.

i have a few questions about my tv.

Help 65SJ9500 multiple tech questions.

Posted on 2019-08-25 07:10:27 Super UHD TVs Vote Up0Vote Down
i have a few questions about my tv.  I’m having issues, first off, with my Xbox One X telling me that my tv only supports HDR, when I am able to play Dolby Vision HDR from Netflix and Vudu built in apps, as well as my Apple tv 4K plays both HDR color if I turn the HDR option on for that titleand also works for Dolby Vision on Netflix, Apple Tv 4K, & Vudu built in apps, as well as my Apple tv 4K will output Dolby Vision color if I set the HDR output to HDR for 4K titles that support that high dynamic range for the specific title.  Next, since it’s from 2017 I’m going to assume there’s no hdmi 2.1 firmware update that’ll ever come for it, tell me if I’m wrong.  Next, is 60hz the max frame rate for 4K?  What is the max frame rate for 1080p (I have a Xbox One X & plan to get the next console too.  What are the best settings I can use to reduce lag for gaming ( video & resolution)?  

3 Comments

• Reply Title Icon

RE: Help 65SJ9500 multiple tech questions.

4K_Fanatic4K_Fanatic Member
    Posted on 2019-08-25 18:57:07 edited August 2019 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Sorry, mistake, xbox tells me your tv doesn’t support HDR 10 but says it supports Dolby Vision.  Thought my tv supports both.  My Apple tv 4K will play and display  either HDR or Dolby Vision ( depending on what format the video is encoded in and what HDR format I select.  Thought I changed it recently to auto detect because the Apple tv 4K previously did not have a settings option to automatically pick the HDR format the video was made in.  Believe it does now.

https://www.crutchfield.com/S-x4JaiCan1Z7/p_68965J9500/LG-65SJ9500.html

• Reply Title Icon

JamalofLGJamalofLG LG Moderator
    Posted on 2019-08-30 17:53:36 Vote Up0Vote Down
    4K_Fanatic , with the TV supporting Dobly Vision, it should also support HDR 10 and HDR also.

Did this resolve your problem? Let everyone know by selecting "Helpful"!

• Reply Title Icon

bushra22bushra22 Member
    Posted on 2019-09-04 10:28:57 Vote Up0Vote Down
    nice tv i like it qulity is really nice 
    http://siyasat.pk/