Skip to Content

Dryer wont register in APP due to insufficient instructions concerning wifi password

I have the WT1901CK/DLEY1901KE washer/dryer combo.  (it has Smart Thinq, but no touchscreen)the washer registered just fine.  The dryer instructions say to put in the last 4 digits of the wifi AP the dryer presents when connecting to it.  You cannot connect because wifi password REQUIRES at least 8 characters.  The instructions only say to type the password in LG_Dryer_DLEX_XXXX wifi access point where XXXX is unique to your dryer.

Dryer wont register in APP due to insufficient instructions concerning wifi password

Posted on 2018-01-15 01:46:30 Smart ThinQ Vote Up0Vote Down
I have the WT1901CK/DLEY1901KE washer/dryer combo.  (it has Smart Thinq, but no touchscreen)the washer registered just fine.  The dryer instructions say to put in the last 4 digits of the wifi AP the dryer presents when connecting to it.  You cannot connect because wifi password REQUIRES at least 8 characters.  The instructions only say to type the password in LG_Dryer_DLEX_XXXX wifi access point where XXXX is unique to your dryer. Well, We need 8 characters to make it connect.  It does not with only 4 digits that are provided in directions.  Poor instructions, and poor support.  I emailed them with pictures even, and they just gave me the basic instructions on how to use the app.  Pretty bad support.  Can anyone shed any light here?

3 Comments

• Reply Title Icon

RE: Dryer wont register in APP due to insufficient instructions concerning wifi password

cindysuttercindysutter Member
    Posted on 2018-05-18 00:40:49 Vote Up5Vote Down
    You need to type the last 4 characters twice such as C234C234 that is your password. 
    TxgalTx
  • Reply Title Icon

RE: Dryer wont register in APP due to insufficient instructions concerning wifi password

designer769designer769 Member
    Posted on 2018-05-20 04:13:53 Vote Up0Vote Down
    PLEASE HELP!!!  I have the NEW LG Steammaster Washer 5.8 CF Washer and dryer. I can not set up the WIFI on the washer because it dos not offer the option to enter the washer password.  I have tried to forget the network, turn washer on and off to reconnect but it will not connect.  Please help
  • Reply Title Icon

southman1southman1 Member
    Posted on 2018-05-22 17:10:10 Vote Up0Vote Down
    I have a similar problem with my refrigerator. I typed in the password" the last 4 digits twice" and the phone wifi's setting shows it is connected but the smart thinq app tells me incorrect password.