Skip to Content

Firmware update for eARC

I currently own a 65UH7650 Super UHD TV. It is missing an important feature to make it compatible with my new Sony atmos soundbar setup.

Firmware update for eARC

Posted on 2019-09-04 14:13:33 Super UHD TVs Vote Up0Vote Down
I currently own a 65UH7650 Super UHD TV.
It is missing an important feature to make it compatible with my new Sony atmos soundbar setup.
This TV only supports ARC, which can't process 7.1 or Dolby Atmos.

I know eARC can be made available through a firmware update.
I really need this update as it affects ALL my equipment and devices.

Any word on future eARC support/firmware updates for Super UHD?!?!
I can't believe 4K TVs are being sold without eARC, as it should be standard for all 4K TVs!
Tagged:

1 Comments

• Reply Title Icon

RE: Firmware update for eARC

WylieFoxWylieFox Member
    Posted on 2019-09-06 17:08:58 Vote Up0Vote Down
    I'm using a LG 55SM9010 Nanocell TV (2019 model) which comes with 4x HDMI 2.1 sockets with eARC. LG has not activated eARC on any of those 4 sockets yet which is extremely annoying since it is causing 1-2 seconds of audio delay when listening to Dolby Atmos content.

I have my LG SL10YG soundbar hooked up to HDMI socket 2 (the eARC socket). Then i have my LG UBK80 4K Blu ray player hooked up to HDMI socket 1. 

When i watch a 4K blu ray movie with Dolby Atmos sound activated, the video footage is always 1-2 seconds ahead of the audio. If i switch the sound option in the UBK80 blu ray player to DTS HD, sound is in perfect sync with the video footage. But this workaround is only possible if the Blu ray disc supports DTS HD. If it's an Atmos-only disc, then i'm screwed and i have to suffer the audio lag all the way through the movie.

It seems LG needs a firmware update that will allow the TV to process a Dolby Atmos signal correctly over HDMI 2.1 sockets.