Skip to Content

LG OLED55B7A TV's magic remote won't program to Bose SOLO speaker via optical

I've done searches online here (which came up with no Bose SOLO issues) and at Bose, and online in general and have gotten no answer.

LG OLED55B7A TV's magic remote won't program to Bose SOLO speaker via optical

Posted on 2018-01-20 18:39:57 OLED TVs Vote Up0Vote Down
I've done searches online here (which came up with no Bose SOLO issues) and at Bose, and online in general and have gotten no answer.

My LG OLED55B7A's magic remote won't program our Bose SOLO speaker.
It's connected via optical.
Because the Bose will shut off automatically, we want to be able to turn it on and obviously, control it with the magic remote.

Tried "Sound Bar"
    - Optical
            - Sound Out
                     - Audio Out (Optical/HDMI ARC)
                     - LG Sound Sync (Optical)
                     - Internal TV Speaker + Audio Out (Optical)
            * Sound Test works for all Sound Out options above
            - Remote Type 1
                       - No response from VOL+, PLAY, PAUSE
            - Remote Type 2
            - Remote Type 3
            - Remote Type 4
    - HDMI2(ARC)
            (no HDMI2 port on BOSE SOLO)
    - Bluetooth
            (no Bluetooth on BOSE SOLO)

On the BOSE website, there are many people with issues connecting various BOSE SOLO models to the LG Magic Remote, but when I search for BOSE here, I only get 3 posts total, and none are related to my issue.

Help me to use my Magic Remote with our BOSE SOLO speaker.  We've had no problems for years with our 45" Samsung LED that we just moved to another room.

13 Comments

• Reply Title Icon

RE: LG OLED55B7A TV's magic remote won't program to Bose SOLO speaker via optical

KindOfABigDealKindOfABigDeal LG Moderator
    Posted on 2018-02-02 17:54:20 Vote Up-5Vote Down
    You may be able to find help setting this up from our help library article found here: http://www.lg.com/us/support/product-help/CT10000018-20150539692863-others
    bobpbgfl
  • Reply Title Icon

RE: LG OLED55B7A TV's magic remote won't program to Bose SOLO speaker via optical

MuthuMuthu Member
    Posted on 2018-07-15 19:32:58 Vote Up0Vote Down

Same problem. Not able to connect my Bose to web so LG TV. Did you find any solution.

• Reply Title Icon

nvicknvick Member
    Posted on 2018-08-20 22:36:05 Vote Up0Vote Down
    I'm having the same issue any suggestions? 
  • Reply Title Icon

RyanRyan Administrator
    Posted on 2018-08-21 21:56:35 Vote Up5Vote Down
    Hi.

Have you tried using the Device Connector app?

If not:
    1. Press the Home button to open the webOS Launcher.
    2. Scroll to the right until you find Device Connector (it's a built-in app).
    3. Follow the instructions for Soundbar.

A few steps in, you'll choose the manufacturer, which you'll set as Bose.  On the screen after that, you can cycle through different Remote Types until you find the one that works with your speaker.

Come back and let me know how that works out :)

Thanks,
    ~Ryan
    onlyoledforme
  • Reply Title Icon

bobpbgflbobpbgfl Member
    Posted on 2018-12-25 18:27:35 Vote Up0Vote Down
    No, not helpful.  My OLED65E8PUA will not work with my Bose Solo.  I have used all the settings in the setup guide with no luck.  TV has  been updated to the latest version.  Has anyone made the work?
  • Reply Title Icon

LfinneyLfinney Member
    Posted on 2019-01-07 01:53:09 Vote Up0Vote Down
    To the LG moderator if you read all of us know what to do but the device connector doesn’t work for Bose.
  • Reply Title Icon

RyanRyan Administrator
    Posted on 2019-01-09 07:34:56 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Hi Guys,

I found this video of someone that was able to make it work.  Give it a try and let me know if it works.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmRjJgD1-1Y 

Meanwhile, I'm sending this to the developers to find and correct the issue.

Thanks,
    ~Ryan
    luisca723ajfjcklc
  • Reply Title Icon

ralnickralnick Member
    Posted on 2019-01-26 23:15:59 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Hi Ryan,

So I watched that video - it shows up to 7 remote types. On my new LG OLED C7 there are only 4 remote types available on that screen and none work. 

Thanks,
    Dave
  • Reply Title Icon

luisca723luisca723 Member
    Posted on 2019-02-03 07:01:48 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Hey guys, I just configured the Bose Solo 5 soundbar using the specifications on the video. First, you have to configure the sound bar as a Home Theater, then you can select the 7 control option, in this point, the configuration allows to turn on and off the sound bar. After this, you can control the volume using the magic controller, BUT, the device is not turned on when you turn on your TV. This is a complicated situation, because if you turn on your tv, you need to use your sound bar remote control to turn on the sound bar. We need some firmware update from LG to turn on the sound bar when the TV is turned on !!
  • Reply Title Icon

ajfjcklcajfjcklc Member
    Posted on 2019-02-10 18:16:07 edited February 12 Vote Up5Vote Down
    Ryan’s link to the YouTube video worked for me and now I can control my Bose Solo 5 sound bar volume using the LG magic remote.  I may also have a way for the sound bar to turn on automatically when you turn on your TV. 

My Bose Solo 5 sound bar has an auto wake feature.  Press and hold the soundbar power button on the remote for five seconds to toggle between auto wake and default power settings. The status indicator glows dim amber when the sound bar is off and auto wake is enabled.  The sound bar should power on whenever a sound signal is received without having to press the power button.  And the sound bar powers off after 60 minutes of inactivity. 

The auto wake feature on the Bose Solo 5 sound bar worked well for me before buying this new LG OLED C8 TV, I’m hopeful it continues to work just as well now. 

Update: Since my original post yesterday I can now say the auto wake works great on my new LG OLED C8 TV as well. 
    luisca723
  • Reply Title Icon

luisca723luisca723 Member
    Posted on 2019-02-19 02:10:39 Vote Up5Vote Down
    Thanks, the auto wake up function worked as expected  <3
    ajfjcklc
  • Reply Title Icon

SEdwardsSEdwards Member
    Posted on 2019-05-12 01:08:40 Vote Up0Vote Down
    The comments and video above are not solving our issue. We cannot power off the TV after installing Bose Solo 5 to an LG OLED55C8PUA. We have tried the Bose set-up as a sound bar and also a home theater, but cannot power off TV in either mode. Can anyone help?
  • Reply Title Icon

onlyoledformeonlyoledforme Member
    Posted on 2019-08-29 23:57:57 Vote Up0Vote Down
    The steps to add a soundbar on the LG OLED worked great. It was the fourth remote option to sync the magic remote and the Apple TV worked magically. I also used the auto-wake feature to sync with the power of the TV. THANK YOU and good luck everyone.