Skip to Content

Is WebOS getting the Apple TV App?

Apple TV+ is launching November 1st. Will LG provide an App like Samsung or will we have to go buy an Apple TV or some such box?

Is WebOS getting the Apple TV App?

Posted on 2019-09-11 15:58:48 TV/Audio/Video Vote Up0Vote Down
Apple TV+ is launching November 1st. Will LG provide an App like Samsung or will we have to go buy an Apple TV or some such box?

2 Comments

• Reply Title Icon

RE: Is WebOS getting the Apple TV App?

JamalofLGJamalofLG LG Moderator
    Posted on 2019-11-01 00:08:02 Vote Up-5Vote Down
    tp96, currently Airplay 2 is available on our 2019 TVs only. If you have an older unit, an external device will be needed for support.
    MAD_at_LG

Did this resolve your problem? Let everyone know by selecting "Helpful"!

• Reply Title Icon

RE: Is WebOS getting the Apple TV App?

MAD_at_LGMAD_at_LG Member
    Posted on 2019-11-05 08:29:04 Vote Up0Vote Down
    This is so stupid. I have the 2018 77 OLED c8. I’ll NEVER buy from LG again if this isn’t rectified FAST! I’m gonna just buy the Apple TV 4K.. and if arrives before my return policy expires, consider me a customer you’ve lost. There are plenty of OLED or QLED options that are cheaper/same price with better support. Really disgusted with you’re lack of transparency in releasing a firmware update. It’s pathetic. Especially when those of us who bought your 2018 model spent between 8-12,000 dollars. Yea. Don’t worry about us. We are LAST YEAR IDIOTS. I can’t even tell the different between the cheaper QLED vs the more expensive and less equipped LG OLED.