Skip to Content

HDMI signal loss when playing PC games

I purchased a 43" UJ6300 TV about a week ago and have been having a huge problem from day one. I use it as a monitor for my computer.

HDMI signal loss when playing PC games

Posted on 2018-01-21 06:57:05 edited January 2018 4K Ultra HD TVs Vote Up0Vote Down
I purchased a 43" UJ6300 TV about a week ago and have been having a huge problem from day one. I use it as a monitor for my computer. I had the HDMI Ultra HD Deep Color feature turned on, and when starting up a video game, the TV screen often goes blank and then displays a "No Signal" message. Sometimes the game starts and runs for a few minutes, then the screen blanks out without warning and "No Signal" appears. Sometimes turning the TV off and back on solves the problem, but then it would happen again later. Sometimes that didn't work, and I had to unplug the HDMI cable and plug it back in. And sometimes that didn't work, either. Since the screen is blank and I can't get the signal back at that point, I can't even shut down the computer and reboot it properly. I have to push the reset button on the front of the tower.

I turned off the Deep Color feature, and that seemed to solve the problem. For example, when playing Star Trek Online, the "No Signal" issue stopped, though sometimes it would recur when I exited the game. But this evening I tried to play Mass Effect: Andromeda, and while the game was loading, the Deep Color feature turned back on automatically. And then the "No Signal" problem happened, and this time I couldn't fix it by turning the TV off or unplugging the HDMI cable. I had to restart the computer without shutting it down properly first. I tried again after rebooting, and when the Deep Color turned on, I switched it back off, but the exact same problem happened anyway. I tried three times, and the same thing happened each time.

This never happened with any other TV or monitor I've ever used for my computer. I've been unable to find a solution and am at a loss as to what might be causing this...

3 Comments

• Reply Title Icon

RE: HDMI signal loss when playing PC games

stf7stf7 Power User
    Posted on 2018-01-22 17:57:47 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Are you using a documented HDMI cable that supports 4K, 2160P? It might be that.
  • Reply Title Icon

Feel_BossFeel_Boss Member
    Posted on 2018-01-22 21:33:35 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Yep. It's this one. I used it on my previous TV, which was also 2160p, and it worked perfectly.
  • Reply Title Icon

HadleysHopeHadleysHope Member
    Posted on 2018-03-18 00:54:23 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Feel_Boss, did you ever find a way to fix this?  I have a 65UF9500 and have the exact same issue.  ANY 4K source with Ultra HD Deep Color enabled on the HDMI port (either 1 or 2) and the signal gets lost and I get the black screen with the signal loss message.  Tried different cables, different 4K sources, same exact issue.  I did read some people saying to factory reset the TV but then others saying this didn't help.  Any help, greatly appreciated.