Skip to Content

Does the LG OLED55B7V have an andorid-based OS on a read only file system?

I am wondering if the filesystem can be corrupted while the LG OLED55B7V is turned off by cutting off the power by error

Does the LG OLED55B7V have an andorid-based OS on a read only file system?

Posted on 2018-01-27 15:59:43 edited January 2018 OLED TVs Vote Up0Vote Down
I am wondering if the filesystem can be corrupted while the LG OLED55B7V is turned off by cutting off the power by error

Best Answer

• Reply Title Icon

RE: Does the LG OLED55B7V have an andorid-based OS on a read only file system?

Posted on 2018-01-27 17:29:36 Vote Up5Vote Down
    I believe the operating system is webOS. I think manufacturers take in consideration that the power from any home may be interrupted at any time, or enter an "undervoltage" regime which will happen in some locales in summer months when there is high demand for electricity due to the use of air conditioners. 

The operating system itself is probably stored in some form of NV (non-volatile) memory. It can be written to when the device is either hard-reset, or when a firmware update is performed. 

If you believe the device has become flaky due to a power interruption, I'd consider looking at performing a hard reset on the device.
    http://www.lg.com/uk/support/solutions/tv/reset-tv
    Alessandro

1 Comments

• Reply Title Icon

RE: Does the LG OLED55B7V have an andorid-based OS on a read only file system?

AlessandroAlessandro Member
    Posted on 2018-02-20 14:57:46 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Thanks a lot for the answer. My tv luckily isn't flashy, I was only worried about the filesystem's safety (you know, it's easy to corrupt, especially in normal HDDs) when at a certain point everything turned off due to an unexpected general shut down of the grid.