Skip to Content

FRONT LOAD WASHER LEAK FROM DRAIN PUMP FILTER AREA WM8000HWA

Our front load washer has a very slow leak from the left front corner - the drain pump filter area. It is a Model  WM8000HWA "5.2 cu. ft.

FRONT LOAD WASHER LEAK FROM DRAIN PUMP FILTER AREA WM8000HWA

Posted on 2018-01-27 17:53:39 edited January 2018 Washers Vote Up0Vote Down
Our front load washer has a very slow leak from the left front corner - the drain pump filter area.
It is a Model  WM8000HWA "5.2 cu. ft. Mega Capacity TurboWash™ Washer with Steam Technology"
The filter, filter housing, door, and door seal are clean.
The washer is on a pedestal drawer, no water in the drawer - it seems to drip along the pedestal frame and into the overflow pan that the washer sits in. I plan to first try replacing the O-ring on the drain pump filter before I open the lid and look at the pump and hoses inside. Has anyone had a similar leak?

2 Comments

• Reply Title Icon

RE: FRONT LOAD WASHER LEAK FROM DRAIN PUMP FILTER AREA WM8000HWA

scwilsonscwilson Member
    Posted on 2018-02-06 02:44:05 Vote Up0Vote Down
    hey - where is the water coming out ? My washer suddenly started to leak this week. The water is coming The door seal is fine. If you have an luck repairing yours, please let me know. Thanks!
  • Reply Title Icon

RE: FRONT LOAD WASHER LEAK FROM DRAIN PUMP FILTER AREA WM8000HWA

zuddietzuddiet Member
    Posted on 2019-08-23 17:55:23 Vote Up0Vote Down
    I am having the same problem. It appears to be a small leak. And the washer is on a pedestal.
    How one move a washing machine on a pedestal in order to look at it from behind? Help