Skip to Content

C9 line

In May I purchased a C9 and after 200 hours had it professionally calibrated. I hit the panel lottery due to its uniformity and (very) mild color tinting.

C9 line

In May I purchased a C9 and after 200 hours had it professionally calibrated. I hit the panel lottery due to its uniformity and (very) mild color tinting. However, 3 months later a vertical black line across the entire panel appeared!.After a week the line disappeared however it left some stuck pixels. Now last week the line appeared again in the exact spot. Best Buy tech came out and said its a panel (only) replacement but I fear of getting a panel that's not as good. I don't want a Frankenstein C9 after spending thousands.  The line has faded again but now a light ghost image is present. The line isn't visible from 6ft viewing distance so Im hoping the line will fully fade. What is the cause of the line? The Geek Squad Tech didn't instill much confidence.

2 Comments

• Reply Title Icon

RE: C9 line

JamalofLGJamalofLG LG Moderator
    Posted on 2019-10-07 22:34:26 Vote Up5Vote Down
    HelveticaBold85, the line would be caused by something in the panel being out of sync. Running the pixel refresher can sometimes correct this but service would be needed for a proper diagnosis.
    HelveticaBold85

Did this resolve your problem? Let everyone know by selecting "Helpful"!

• Reply Title Icon

RE: C9 line

Posted on 2019-10-09 20:17:40 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Thank you! I’m having a tech coming to look at my TV this Sat. I went through LG support. 
    The line appeared in August disappeared after a week. It came back a month later. How often can I run a manual comp and be safe for the TV. I really want to keep this panel since is very uniform. I don’t want to play the panel lottery again.