Skip to Content

Can only stream Hulu. No netflix or Amazon. Won't recolonize firestick

I bought a 47LB6300 two years ago. Worked great streaming everything possible until 3 months ago.

Can only stream Hulu. No netflix or Amazon. Won't recolonize firestick

Posted on 2018-01-27 21:33:17 1080p LED TVs Vote Up0Vote Down
I bought a 47LB6300 two years ago. Worked great streaming everything possible until 3 months ago. I can only stream Hulu, it will not stream anything on netflix or amazon. I am running at 15-22mbps. I have reset the TV countless times. I even bought an amazon firestick to try and troubleshoot but the TV will not recognize it. The firestick logo just flashes and the screen goes black. I also bought a wifi booster and nothing has improved. 

3 Comments

• Reply Title Icon

RE: Can only stream Hulu. No netflix or Amazon. Won't recolonize firestick

stf7stf7 Power User
    Posted on 2018-01-28 13:00:45 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Is there a means to logout of those applications and log back in?
    Is there a means to selectively update those applications?
  • Reply Title Icon

Posted on 2018-02-04 17:26:57 Vote Up0Vote Down
    I'm having a fairly similar issue.  I only use Hulu and Netflix, no other TV service.  I operate on wifi only.  I was having trouble connecting and if I did connect it would hiccup and sputter a lot, TOO MUCH!!  So they had me go into settings and do a factory reset basically.  It fixed my issue beautifully, for a few days, but now sadly it's returned.  Perhaps this would work for you though?
  • Reply Title Icon

stf7stf7 Power User
    Posted on 2018-02-04 18:38:36 Vote Up0Vote Down
    @Dreamchaser7694 - If you have a laptop, try running a speedtest over your WiFi. Also try disconnecting your WiFi Router from your Modem, and connecting the Laptop directly to the ethernet port on the back of the Modem with an ethernet cable. You may see an appreciable speed difference. I certainly do, on my LinkSYS router. I have approximately 100Mbps download speed to the modem, and maybe 1/4th of that via WiFi.

I'd say, if your WiFi router is close, I'd recommend trying a cable between one of the ports on the back of it, and your TV.

At the very least, try the following: On your smartphone (I hope it's Android, download WiFi Analyzer). See what Channel your WiFi router is on and if any of your neighbors are on the same channel. If so, change the channel of your Router to a channel that is either not used at all, -or- has the lowest strength signal.

Many WiFi routers are Dual Channel these days. One channel is in the 2.4GHz range, and the other in the 5.0GHz range. It turns out, there are many devices in your house that could be transmitting on this frequency range of 2.4GHz and interfering. Possibly by just moving the channel, you'll up your throughput and lessen the effects of interference.

Or - if your WiFi device is Dual Channel, try putting the TV on 5GHz if the TV supports it.