Skip to Content

Monitor flicker in Windows 10 with 27UD69P-W

Hello, I recently purchased a 27UD69P-W. I have it connected to a Dell XPS13 9350, using HDMI (included cable) and an Insigna USB-C to HDMI adapter.

Monitor flicker in Windows 10 with 27UD69P-W

Posted on 2018-01-28 16:14:51 4K / 5K Monitors Vote Up0Vote Down
Hello,

I recently purchased a 27UD69P-W. I have it connected to a Dell XPS13 9350, using HDMI (included cable) and an Insigna USB-C to HDMI adapter. I am running Windows 10 (1709) and Ubuntu 16.04 in a dual boot configuration.

The monitor works great in Ubuntu, and I get 4k at 60 Hz. However, in Windows, both the monitor screen and laptop screen flicker. If I reset the picture, I can get it to go away; I think that some feature is causing it to flicker, but I haven't figured out which one yet. Has anyone else experienced this? Is there a known cause and/or solution? TIA.

2 Comments

• Reply Title Icon

RE: Monitor flicker in Windows 10 with 27UD69P-W

GoMrPicklesGoMrPickles Member
    Posted on 2018-01-28 16:45:14 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Correction: I'm getting 4k, 30 Hz over HDMI, in Windows.
  • Reply Title Icon

RE: Monitor flicker in Windows 10 with 27UD69P-W

stf7stf7 Power User
    Posted on 2018-01-28 17:54:14 Vote Up0Vote Down
    So I assume you've right-clicked on the desktop, and gone through the process of adjusting the monitor/video card settings and refresh rate?
    https://www.addictivetips.com/windows-tips/change-the-refresh-rate-for-your-display-on-windows-10/

If a Linux-variant can drive the monitor properly, then I suspect the card and the HDMI cable are OK. I suppose I'd check the driver settings, possibly go to the Dell site and look for an updated driver.

If you can't figure it out, I'd contact Dell Support and tell them what you are doing. They are really good at this sort of thing.