Skip to Content

Server Failed to Connect Error every time I open app

Ever since I've tried to use my LG products through the LG Smartthinq app, I get the same error whenever I launch the app and login to my LG account, It happens on every device I've tried.

Server Failed to Connect Error every time I open app

Posted on 2019-10-10 03:06:12 Smart ThinQ Vote Up0Vote Down
Ever since I've tried to use my LG products through the LG Smartthinq app, I get the same error whenever I launch the app and login to my LG account, It happens on every device I've tried. It seems to be a problem with one of my registered products.

I have a refrigerator: Model LFXC24796S
A washer: Model WT6001HV
A dryer: Model DLEX6001V

I can't even delete the products from my account, because the app immediately quits.

Can anyone help?

2 Comments

• Reply Title Icon

RE: Server Failed to Connect Error every time I open app

SpillemwSpillemw Member
    Posted on 2019-10-13 09:17:39 Vote Up5Vote Down
    A lot of people have the same problem, myself included.  I believe the issue is with the way the app connects to your wifi network.  When you try to add a device, you get a screen telling you that you cannot use a 5 Ghz Wifi network, and that the name of your network cannot include non English or special characters.  There seems to be no way to add your wifi network name manually.  So LG basically wants you to abandon security by selecting an obvious SSID name.  Incredibly bad piece of engineering.  I have not found an answer to that problem.
    Timmmy
  • Reply Title Icon

RE: Server Failed to Connect Error every time I open app

milaubmilaub Member
    Posted on 2019-10-18 02:49:59 Vote Up0Vote Down
    That could make sense... except the app has the same error even when I'm not on my WIFI network (on LTE away from home, for example). Could it maybe be because of the WIFI connection on my appliances?