Skip to Content

why my LG UH6100 does not connect to my windows 10 laptop

My Alienware laptop and LG UH6100 are connected to the same wifi 5G network, the screenshares listen mode is turned on, I go to connect and the tv shows up in the notification area but when I click on it it does no go past the connecting phase and then a box on the upper right corner of the tv says, "your device is disconnected".

why my LG UH6100 does not connect to my windows 10 laptop

Posted on 2018-01-31 19:49:48 4K Ultra HD TVs Vote Up0Vote Down
My Alienware laptop and LG UH6100 are connected to the same wifi 5G network,
the screenshares listen mode is turned on,
I go to connect and the tv shows up in the notification area but when I click on it it does no go past the connecting phase and then a box on the upper right corner of the tv says, "your device is disconnected".
And then on my laptop in the notification panel in yellow it shows message saying could'nt connect.
If anyone has any idea why I can't connect to my soon to be former LG TV, please let me know because this is a very frustrating and disappointing situation to be in.   

1 Comments

• Reply Title Icon

RE: why my LG UH6100 does not connect to my windows 10 laptop

stf7stf7 Power User
    Posted on 2018-02-01 00:27:58 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Is it possible the Laptop and TV are being used with a DUAL Frequency Band WiFi router, and one is on the 2.4Ghz band, and the other is on the 5Ghz band? If so you might try placing them on the same band (i.e. with unique SSIDs).