Skip to Content

24LM520S TV - Xfinity App Issue

I purchased a small 24" LG TV for my kitchen area specifically because I could utilize the Xfinity app for live TV.  Everything on the TV seems to work via the …

24LM520S TV - Xfinity App Issue

Posted on 2019-10-15 14:40:21 TVs Vote Up0Vote Down
I purchased a small 24" LG TV for my kitchen area specifically because I could utilize the Xfinity app for live TV.  Everything on the TV seems to work via the network (actually have it plugged in to the ethernet directly).  Netflix works, Amazon works, YouTube works, etc.  The only thing that does not work is the Live TV in HD on the Xfinity App.  It stutters and lags and never can actually run a show.  Interestingly the Xfinity app plays SD channels and Recorded HD shows via the network just fine.  Anyone else have this issue?  Is this an issue with the TV or with Xfinity?

Best Answer

• Reply Title Icon

RE: 24LM520S TV - Xfinity App Issue

Posted on 2019-10-15 15:50:16 Vote Up10Vote Down
    Supermac34, this is related to the app. There is an update scheduled to be released in November to correct this.
    Supermac34sunfloWEr4954

Did this resolve your problem? Let everyone know by selecting "Helpful"!

2 Comments

• Reply Title Icon

Supermac34Supermac34 Member
    Posted on 2019-10-15 16:29:39 Vote Up0Vote Down
    That is good to know.  I can wait for a month for a fix.  Thanks!  Interestingly, Xfinity support was unaware of this.
  • Reply Title Icon

Supermac34Supermac34 Member
    Posted on 2019-12-05 02:27:52 Vote Up0Vote Down
    It doesn't appear that this update has been released and the issue still exists.  Is there an updated estimate?