Skip to Content

Can A/C unit model LW1517IVSM be left mounted in window over winter in Chicago,IL?

I just purchased the A/C unit a month ago and in the safety instructions on page 4 of the owner's manual it says not to store and install it where it will be exposed to temperatures below freezing.

Can A/C unit model LW1517IVSM be left mounted in window over winter in Chicago,IL?

Posted on 2019-10-28 04:53:10 Window Vote Up0Vote Down
I just purchased the A/C unit a month ago and in the safety instructions on page 4 of the owner's manual it says not to store and install it where it will be exposed to temperatures below freezing. It doesn't say why. What will happen? I left all of my previous A/C units installed in the window over the winter and just put a cover on them and never had any problems. I don't recall any such precautions in the manuals. It gets below 0 degrees F at times. Can anyone help? 

1 Comments

• Reply Title Icon

RE: Can A/C unit model LW1517IVSM be left mounted in window over winter in Chicago,IL?

JamalofLGJamalofLG LG Moderator
    Posted on 2019-11-15 01:51:23 Vote Up0Vote Down
    dthurner, it can cause the components and the gas in the sealed system to freeze up and keep the unit from operating properly.

Did this resolve your problem? Let everyone know by selecting "Helpful"!