Skip to Content

Screen switches off during wash

My dishwasher screen switches off (as the was cycle comes to an end) but the machine continues to wash as normal. What could cause this? No error codes come up.

Screen switches off during wash

Posted on 2019-10-31 10:08:00 Dishwashers Vote Up0Vote Down
My dishwasher screen switches off (as the was cycle comes to an end) but the machine continues to wash as normal. What could cause this? No error codes come up. When i want to wash a load again i have to unplug it from the wall first. 

2 Comments

• Reply Title Icon

RE: Screen switches off during wash

JamalofLGJamalofLG LG Moderator
    Posted on 2019-11-05 21:40:42 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Leanneathome, If the unit has to be restarted after each cycle, service would be needed for a proper diagnosis. Please message me your information for further assistance.

Did this resolve your problem? Let everyone know by selecting "Helpful"!

• Reply Title Icon

RE: Screen switches off during wash

Shabat_ShalomShabat_Shalom Member
    Posted on 2019-11-17 16:31:39 Vote Up0Vote Down
    See comment down below - it might be the reason it disconnects.
    Ok. I edited my comments above. Finally, I got A&E service tech to troubleshoot and fix the problem. Side note: LG does not have LG trained technicians in the state of Texas, so it contracts a third-party (A&E) for warranty calls.
    So this tech was a really professional young guy and knew what he was doing. After actual troubleshooting (unlike previous visits by two other A&E techs), he determined that the door's plastic connectors (their role is to determine if a door is closed or not) are occasionally touching the inside top countertop - so that the reason dishwasher works someday and someday not. This is a 'genius' LG design where the installation instructions tell you to attach dishwasher with top mounting flat brackets under the countertop. This makes the unit and thus these electronic door sensing connectors to touch the under the countertop and sense the problem with the door!
    Solution - remove top brackets, connect dishwasher on the sides instead of the top, LOWER THE LEGS a bit so it doesn't really close to under countertop (better even if you forward the whole unit a bit towards you, so the door is a bit out and you can finally the timer completely) and voila it works! For now... :smile: