Skip to Content

LDT7797BM - Dishwasher disconnects

* Purchase Date06/10/2019 * Place of PurchaseLowes

LDT7797BM - Dishwasher disconnects

Posted on 2019-11-02 22:01:18 edited November 2019 Dishwashers Vote Up0Vote Down
  • Purchase Date06/10/2019
  • Place of PurchaseLowes
After about two weeks of working, our LG (LDT7797BM  model) is not working AGAIN!!!!! Now, the problem is NOT standing water in the dishwasher, it is NOT top mounting brackets. Either one of the following two issues happening:
1. Won't start (e.g. Select Auto cycle->Select Start-->Close door (within 4 sec)-->Flashing Time-->Status Disconnected)
2. Starts and disconnects after few minutes (e.g. Select Turbo Cycle-->Select Start->-->Close door (within 4 sec)-->Dishwasher STARTS!-->Flashing time after few minutes of working-->Disconnected Status) 

Smart? Diagnosis shows ALL components operating normally! No Error status code.

3 Comments

• Reply Title Icon

RE: LDT7797BM - Dishwasher disconnects

JamalofLGJamalofLG LG Moderator
    Posted on 2019-11-04 14:47:52 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Shabat_Shalom, Please message me your contact info and I will have the case reviewed further.

Did this resolve your problem? Let everyone know by selecting "Helpful"!

• Reply Title Icon

Shabat_ShalomShabat_Shalom Member
    Posted on 2019-11-11 03:06:48 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Send you a message with my contact info.
  • Reply Title Icon

Shabat_ShalomShabat_Shalom Member
    Posted on 2019-11-17 16:25:00 edited November 2019 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Ok. I edited my comments above. Finally, I got A&E service tech to troubleshoot and fix the problem. Side note: LG does not have LG trained technicians in the state of Texas, so it contracts a third-party (A&E) for warranty calls.
    So this tech was a really professional young guy and knew what he was doing. After actual troubleshooting (unlike previous visits by two other A&E techs), he determined that the door's plastic connectors (their role is to determine if a door is closed or not) are occasionally touching the inside top countertop - so that the reason dishwasher works someday and someday not. This is a 'genius' LG design where the installation instructions tell you to attach dishwasher with top mounting flat brackets under the countertop. This makes the unit and thus these electronic door sensing connectors to touch the under the countertop and sense the problem with the door!
    Solution - remove top brackets, connect dishwasher on the sides instead of the top, LOWER THE LEGS a bit so it doesn't really close to under countertop (better even if you forward the whole unit a bit towards you, so the door is a bit out and you can finally see the timer completely) and voila it works! For now... :smile: