Skip to Content

Water Plus Button Not Working

I've recently purchased a top loader with the Water Plus Option but I can't get that function to work.

Water Plus Button Not Working

Posted on 2018-02-13 14:22:07 Washers Vote Up0Vote Down
I've recently purchased a top loader with the Water Plus Option but I can't get that function to work. I've tried pushing the button both before the cycle starts and also pausing mid cycle and pressing the button as directed in the manual. Neither seems to work. Any ideas? Does this function only work with certain cycle types? 
Tagged:
tjansen

15 Comments

• Reply Title Icon

RE: Water Plus Button Not Working

KindOfABigDealKindOfABigDeal LG Moderator
    Posted on 2018-02-14 16:57:50 Vote Up-3Vote Down
    What is the washing machine model number?
    tjansenCAS
  • Reply Title Icon

JanaLaSageJanaLaSage Member
    Posted on 2018-04-19 22:51:32 Vote Up2Vote Down
    I am having the same problem.  How do you turn on the add water feature?  Is the light on the panel suppose to illuminate when on?  Model WT7200CW
    tjansen
  • Reply Title Icon

h1894382h1894382 Member
    Posted on 2018-05-15 14:47:18 Vote Up0Vote Down
    same problem here, I suppose LG will just continue to ignore the 2 previous comments
  • Reply Title Icon

Reneeza1Reneeza1 Member
    Posted on 2018-05-21 20:45:00 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Has anyone figured this out? I have the same problem!
  • Reply Title Icon

thompsrathompsra Member
    Posted on 2018-05-23 17:03:35 Vote Up0Vote Down
    I am having the same problem.  How do you turn on the add water option feature. It does not seem to be working on my Model WT7200CW ?
  • Reply Title Icon

lchwaziklchwazik Member
    Posted on 2018-06-02 18:50:51 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Same here. Specifically bought this washer because of this feature and was assured this meant extra water during the wash cycle. Does LG not respond to these comments?
  • Reply Title Icon

allypallyp Member
    Posted on 2018-06-04 16:11:15 Vote Up10Vote Down
    I called LG and figured it out. Turn on your cycle and when the water starts into the machine hit PAUSE then press ADD WATER then press start again. Worked like a charm. Once you select it like that it will default in that I believe until you unselect it again.
    jracetteAtlantakid
  • Reply Title Icon

emcnickemcnick Member
    Posted on 2018-07-14 16:46:37 Vote Up0Vote Down
    @allyp - I am glad you got it to work! I am still frustrated with this because I feel like that is what I have been doing and it does not work. Once you start the machine, you wait for the "sensing" phase of the cycle to complete, and then it moves to "washing". Do you have to pause it right as the beginning of the "washing" phase? I tried pausing and selecting "water plus" multiple times during the washing phase and just get the infuriating chimes indicating that I can't do what I want! 

Any additional info would be greatly appreciated - thank you!

• Reply Title Icon

bflaiblebflaible Member
    Posted on 2018-07-14 18:17:33 Vote Up0Vote Down
    I cannot get it to work either.  I've done exactly what you describe, with no success.  Very frustrating, particularly because the manual claims the feature is available with the cycles I am selecting.  When I tried today, I used the "bulky" cycle and it wouldn't let me select (which is correct because the manual says it is not an option with Bulky).  Probably the reason, which is obvious, is the drum filled up entirely.  I'd really like to be able to use this feature as it is one of the reasons I bought the product.  I've looked everywhere and can't find the solution.  My model is 1910C
  • Reply Title Icon

bflaiblebflaible Member
    Posted on 2018-07-15 13:51:32 Vote Up0Vote Down
    I called LG and they walked me through the same steps mentioned above.  Finally, the trick that worked for me was to unplug the appliance for 30 seconds, replug it in.  Then start the washer after selecting a cycle, hit pause, and then select water plus.  I think it's a bit ridiculous that you need to select the option after you start the wash, by stopping and starting the machine, but it worked for me.
  • Reply Title Icon

K_ManK_Man Member
    Posted on 2018-07-16 22:11:51 Vote Up0Vote Down
    bflaible,

what model is it?  I am looking at purchasing the WM3270C (over a 4.5 cuft Maytag) and wondering how much additional water is actually added by the Water Plus option.  Does it make a significant difference in the washing/rinse ability of say, a large bedspread?
  • Reply Title Icon

jracettejracette Member
    Posted on 2018-09-07 12:57:29 Vote Up0Vote Down
    I did what allyp suggested above and it did work like a charm… Thank you so much! 

“Turn on cycle and when the water starts into the machine hit PAUSE then press ADD WATER then press start again.”
  • Reply Title Icon

herboherbo Member
    Posted on 2018-10-04 21:45:31 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Either (a) there is a bug in the software or (b) the manual contains incorrect information.  Either one is misleading to the consumer. 

My LG WT7200 is a slightly over one year old.  The Water Plus feature never did work according the way the instruction manual states.  Yes...if I pause the beginning of the "Normal" cycle and press Water Plus, the button lights up and I can resume the cycle.  BUT THE MANUAL ALSO STATES THIS WILL BECOME THE DEFAULT SETTING FOR SUBSEQUENT LOADS, BUT THAT IS NOT WHAT HAPPENS.  When I do the next load and select the "Normal" cycle, the Water Plus button is UNLIT.  It should stay lit each time I use that same wash cycle because the user manual states that will become the default setting.  

We should receive a rebate from LG for selling defective machines.  I bet for every one of us who took the effort to post about this problem on this web site, there are hundreds (or thousands) who are experiencing the same problem but don't know about this web site or don't have the time to fuss with it.  I am confident of this:  We will either receive no response from LG, or they will respond with non-helpful answer.  
  • Reply Title Icon

hulagirlhulagirl Member
    Posted on 2018-10-12 02:41:55 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Model WT1901CK
  • Reply Title Icon

hulagirlhulagirl Member
    Posted on 2018-10-18 01:03:57 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Does LG respond to any questions on this site or does it require a phone call to LG to get questions/issues answered/resolved? Mahalo!