Skip to Content

Plastic Film on Stainless Fridge

Just got a fridge with a stainless steel finish.  On the main door, but NOT on the freezer door, there is a thin, plastic film.  I was able to easily peel back a…

Plastic Film on Stainless Fridge

Posted on 2018-02-16 22:51:24 Refrigerators Vote Up0Vote Down
Just got a fridge with a stainless steel finish.  On the main door, but NOT on the freezer door, there is a thin, plastic film.  I was able to easily peel back a corner of this film.  I'm guessing this film is there just to protect during shipping, and that the delivery guys removed the film on the freezer door but forgot to remove the film from the main door. 
Can you confirm this is just for shipping, and that it's OK to remove it?  Thanks.

2 Comments

• Reply Title Icon

RE: Plastic Film on Stainless Fridge

stf7stf7 Power User
    Posted on 2018-02-16 23:08:08 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Honestly, I can't find a reference, but the product would not be very pretty with 1/2 covered by plastic. No doubt your installers did not remove the other film. Also - how would you clean that surface with the plastic on there?
  • Reply Title Icon

RE: Plastic Film on Stainless Fridge

msnaremsnare Member
    Posted on 2018-02-17 22:11:30 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Well, the film is so clear that I did not even notice it for a couple of days.  Not sure how to clean it, if it is supposed to remain in place.  I'm pretty sure I should remove it, just hoping to confirm that this film is supposed to be removed by the consumer/installer.  Thanks.