Skip to Content

Ice layer below drawer on floor on freezer

I have been finding about 1/4 to 1/2 of ice on the floor of my freezer. It’s a French door frig with freezer on the bottom.

Ice layer below drawer on floor on freezer

Posted on 2019-11-23 00:16:52 Refrigerators Vote Up0Vote Down
I have been finding about 1/4 to 1/2 of ice on the floor of my freezer. It’s a French door frig with freezer on the bottom. Been having to remove about once a week. Can’t see where the water is coming from. It does not have an ice machine. What can I do to stop this ice from forming?

4 Comments

• Reply Title Icon

RE: Ice layer below drawer on floor on freezer

JamalofLGJamalofLG LG Moderator
    Posted on 2019-11-25 20:26:05 Vote Up0Vote Down

wrobled, Service would be needed for this. Please message me the information below, and I will have service scheduled to get this resolved.

Name:

Address:

Phone number:

Model Number:

Serial Number:

Date of Purchase:

Did this resolve your problem? Let everyone know by selecting "Helpful"!

• Reply Title Icon

asburyasbury Member
    Posted on 2019-11-27 17:37:08 Vote Up0Vote Down
    We are finding water puddled beside our refrigerator. Upon inspection, there are droplets of water forming on the bottom of the freezer door and a sheet of ice the forms in the bottom of the freezer. Could a clogged defrost drain tube be the problem? If so, where is the defrost drain tube? The refrigerator is an LG French Door LMX25981ST. 
  • Reply Title Icon

mmbeattiemmbeattie Member
    Posted on 2020-01-02 01:25:45 Vote Up0Vote Down
    I have the same problem. I need to scrape the ice out of the bottom of the freezer about once a week. Is there a drain or something that dissipates the water after defrosting that isn't working.
  • Reply Title Icon

TraderJCTraderJC Member
    Posted on 2020-01-06 21:19:18 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Your problem is a blocked defrost drain tube.  The blockage causes the tube to fill up and then freeze blocking the drain.  When unit defrost it drains into the bottom of the freezer and then eventually that freezes until it spills out onto the floor in front of the refrigerator.  The drain tube can be removed from the back after removing the cover.  It feeds into a pan below the condenser coils.  However, to clear the ice blocking the defrost drain you have to remove the cover at the back of the freezer compartment or you could empty refrigerator and turn off for about 12 hours to make sure blockage melts away.