Skip to Content

CLOSED CAPTIONED SETTING

my closed caption setting suddenly changed and i cant find any setting or way to close it so it doesnt show on my tv screen.

CLOSED CAPTIONED SETTING

Posted on 2019-11-23 15:24:50 TV/Audio/Video Vote Up0Vote Down
my closed caption setting suddenly changed and i cant find any setting or way to close it so it doesnt show on my tv screen. Any help on where to find this appreciated. The LG TV manual is terrible.  

2 Comments

• Reply Title Icon

RE: CLOSED CAPTIONED SETTING

JamalofLGJamalofLG LG Moderator
    Posted on 2019-11-25 21:44:39 Vote Up-5Vote Down
    bearcatjer, what source are you viewing that has the closed captioning (STB, internal apps, etc.)
    MaineSusan

Did this resolve your problem? Let everyone know by selecting "Helpful"!

• Reply Title Icon

RE: CLOSED CAPTIONED SETTING

MaineSusanMaineSusan Member
    Posted on 2019-12-17 15:00:01 edited December 2019 Vote Up0Vote Down
    My LG smart TV LG 32LK610BPUA used to have very good captioning... now it is much smaller {not sure what caused the change} and now way too hard to read quickly or w/o eye strain. It is hooked up to cable internet, and STB but not the needed device to watch cable on this particular TV {it never was}... I only use this tv for the smart menu options... mostly Amazon Video movies etc. It is on auto-updates and checked manually too, to be sure.
    Used all the CC options to set to large etc, changed some other CC options for color in an attempt to help view but they don't actually CHANGE anything anymore. ??? Any ideas as to what I might do? I unhooked the cable as I can get internet thru WiFi anyway... but cable or no does not seem to affect anything. I also did a factory reset of the settings but did not help.
    Would LOVE, really NEED to find a solution or things to try... from ANYONE reading this... not finding anything anywhere about this...