Skip to Content

PlutoTV app

How do I request a new app be added to the LG app store?

PlutoTV app

Posted on 2019-11-26 15:08:59 LG ThinQ Vote Up0Vote Down
How do I request a new app be added to the LG app store?

I have purchased a new LG 43UM 7300 ThinQ TV and I'm disappointed by the tiny selection of apps available.  Almost none of the included apps are of interest.   I have been using PlutoTV on my Amazon FirestickTV and that specific app is now missing from this TV.   Likewise Tubi seems to be missing as well.   So how do I add them of the LG store doesn't list them OR how to I request LG add them to the store?  If I cannot and must go back to using the firestick I will be returning this TV (which is under 2 weeks old) for one that has the ability to add apps I want instead of being so narrow in selection.

4 Comments

• Reply Title Icon

RE: PlutoTV app

JamalofLGJamalofLG LG Moderator
    Posted on 2019-11-27 20:47:17 Vote Up-5Vote Down
    GHR1227, I can submit a complaint regarding the availability of a Pluto TV in the LG Content Store, but this will not be resolved instantly. It may be added in the future at a later time.
    Johnbunch

Did this resolve your problem? Let everyone know by selecting "Helpful"!

• Reply Title Icon

JohnbunchJohnbunch Member
    Posted on 2020-01-12 20:08:54 Vote Up0Vote Down
    SO, why is there no access to pluto.tv?   This should not be a hard issue to resolve.   IF LG is not going to provide access, then what is the alternative?  Is there a similar service available?  (Not that I could find on my set by the way).  I read something about Xumo ??? BUT COULD NOT FIND THAT APP ON MY TV?   I also tried to download the app via google play store and found that the web browser on the LG tv set was blocked from accessing the store by Google.   So we cannot download and use Android or other apps to the system?   can we install Google Chrome or Firefox on the TV to fix this problem?   

This was what I found?
    "LG TVs feature a similar ad-driven television platform, Xumo"
  • Reply Title Icon

AV3AV3 Member
    Posted on 2020-01-14 22:32:01 Vote Up5Vote Down
    Please make it Pluto TV available. LG community can enjoy lot of free channels that are not offering LG XUMO.
    ErnestK
  • Reply Title Icon

ErnestKErnestK Member
    Posted on 2020-01-17 02:24:13 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Yeah please make PlutoTv available. It's got some really good stuff on there.