Skip to Content

issues with displaying google play music metadata through bluetooth with v30

The metadata (song title, album, and artist) does not display on my 2015 BMW X5 radio through bluetooth using Google Play Music app on my new v30.

issues with displaying google play music metadata through bluetooth with v30

Posted on 2017-10-22 16:40:53 edited October 2017 Cell Phones Vote Up0Vote Down

The metadata (song title, album, and artist) does not display on my 2015 BMW X5 radio through bluetooth using Google Play Music app on my new v30. It still plays the music and I am still able to view my playlists, but just not the song data. I am able to view this info using other apps such as Spotify and Amazon Music. I never had a problem with my old Samsung Note 5 (I believe that was on android 7.0.) I have tried clearing my cache, repairing my phone, and updating the firmware in my car with no results. It is unclear to me if this is a problem with my car, my phone, android 7.1.2, or Google Play Music. Has anybody else had this problem, and if so have you found any solutions to the problem? Thanks.

Tagged:

1 REPLIES

• Reply Title Icon

RE: issues with displaying google play music metadata through bluetooth with v30

jvil92jvil92 Member
    Posted on 2017-10-30 12:37:44 Vote Up0Vote Down

I have a 2016 Toyota Corolla and I was having this same issue with my G6 . I thought it was a combination of Google play music and my phone and the car the wasn't allowing the metadata to show up. I tried my phone in my fathers Honda one day and it worked. Now I have a V30 and am having the same issue. I have tried different methods of getting it to work but it doesn't. Works with other music apps but not google play. Apparently I'm not alone since theres a forum on google play as well. https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!msg/play/pe09bdRfZgM/YT1SzajFAwAJ