Skip to Content

Suggestions For Connecting My Wireless Headphones

I recently purchased a 50UM6900PUA  TV and I am having trouble trying to connect my Koss HB500 Infared Headphone transmitter that has a 3.5mm phone jack.     Anyb…

Suggestions For Connecting My Wireless Headphones

Posted on 2019-11-30 18:53:05 TV/Audio/Video Vote Up0Vote Down
I recently purchased a 50UM6900PUA  TV and I am having trouble trying to connect my Koss HB500 Infared Headphone transmitter that has a 3.5mm phone jack.     Anybody have any suggestions how I can connect them?

Best Answer

• Reply Title Icon

RE: Suggestions For Connecting My Wireless Headphones

Posted on 2019-12-05 21:06:15 edited December 2019 Vote Up5Vote Down
    Greeny173, I would suggest purchasing a 3rd party converter that can connect to the optical port on the unit. There would not be a suggested brand but a external converter would be needed to connect to the TV.
    Greeny173

Did this resolve your problem? Let everyone know by selecting "Helpful"!

5 Comments

• Reply Title Icon

Greeny173Greeny173 Member
    Posted on 2019-12-01 17:34:19 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Sorry, I guess what I should have been asking is, what connection on the back of the TV can I try to see if it will work?
  • Reply Title Icon

Posted on 2019-12-06 17:30:26 Vote Up0Vote Down
    I purchased this converter from Amazon and with everything they provided in the package, I am up and working great.  https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00KNNSKV0/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• Reply Title Icon

Posted on 2019-12-09 05:18:35 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Well, I spoke too soon.  Seems that when I turned my tv on later, I was not getting sound from the headphones.  I unplugged the headphone transmitter and re plugged it back in.   Once again, I had sound from the headphones.  This lasted all of 2-3 minutes and I watched the transmitter lights fade out as I lost contact with the tv.   Beats me now what could be going on.   i even tried changing to PCM to see if that worked.  Still nothing.    Might try using a bluetooth converter to go with my QC 35 headphones since my tv is non-Bluetooth.
  • Reply Title Icon

Posted on 2019-12-13 19:24:49 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Went with a Taotronics TT-BA09 converter from Amazon (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01KO1JNCA/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1) and managed to pair my other wireless headphones (Bose QC35) from my living room LG TV.   Problem I am having now is I am getting no sound from the headphones.   Here is what I have hooked up:  USB cable from device to usb port on tv to charge device.   Optical cable from tv output to device optical in.    RCA Audio cable (red/white) to device 3.5mm aux in jack.    Instructions are good for doing the pairings but big fail for tv connecting.  I have went tv settings and put sound in optical to enable the PCM format.  Still nothing.  Putting it in internal tv speaker + optical does not allow you to put it in PCM format.   Really frustrated that I am half the way there but can't figure the final steps.   Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated even if they do not help to get me up and running.  

• Reply Title Icon

Posted on 2019-12-13 19:39:26 edited December 2019 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Even a blind squirrel can find a nut.   On my device from Taotronics, I changed the setting from Aux over to SPDIF.  Whooooweeee We have launch.