Skip to Content

65SK8000PUA ARC not sending surround audio to my receiver

I have a 65 SK8000PUA tv and a pioneer vsx-80 receiver. I have a very nice 7.2 setup with MK speakers and a dual throw sub.

65SK8000PUA ARC not sending surround audio to my receiver

Posted on 2019-12-02 16:23:57 Super UHD TVs Vote Up0Vote Down
I have a 65 SK8000PUA tv and a pioneer vsx-80 receiver. I have a very nice 7.2 setup with MK speakers and a dual throw sub. I can use the receiver with my PS$ and get great hd Audio through my receiver, but when I use the ARC from the LG tv I only get stereo which is annoying because I watch everything through my TV. WE are YouTube TV, Netflix, and Disney+ watchers. I have change the arc settings in the LG set up to be simplink on and sound output to Auto just like every thread I have seen says to do. Am I missing something that would allow my audio to be surround instead of Stereo?
Tagged:

2 Comments

• Reply Title Icon

RE: 65SK8000PUA ARC not sending surround audio to my receiver

JamalofLGJamalofLG LG Moderator
    Posted on 2019-12-02 21:12:15 Vote Up0Vote Down
    rlbbahill, this would be the correct setup. Does the 5.1 or ATMOS tag shows up in the Netflix app?  

Did this resolve your problem? Let everyone know by selecting "Helpful"!

• Reply Title Icon

RE: 65SK8000PUA ARC not sending surround audio to my receiver

Posted on 2019-12-09 19:02:08 Vote Up0Vote Down
    I have a C7 OLED with the same issue.  I use optical out to an older Yamaha, but get at least 5.1 sound through this from other apps like Netflix and Amazon.  For Disney+ it is plain 2 channel sound, using the latest version of the app and WebOS for this TV.  Using an Xbox One X with direct optical out to the same receiver it works fine, and from an Apple TV which sends HDMI to the TV which then uses the same optical out to the receiver.  Since it can relay fine, and works fine in other apps, I think the Disney+ app itself is at fault here.