Skip to Content

New B7V problem with internet apps

I have a new 55b7 that I've just purchased.

New B7V problem with internet apps

Posted on 2018-02-25 21:35:20 OLED TVs Vote Up0Vote Down
I have a new 55b7 that I've just purchased. Live TV and external sources on HDMI are working fine, successfully upgraded Firmware to 4.70.6 over Wireless, web browser works fine. Freeview play works for future programs but attempting to look backwards temporarily displays a '''requires agreement" form which vanishes before I can do anything. Internet apps all 'require upgrading' but always fail to do so with a 'Temporary' LG content store timeout. Tinkered with DNS settings, rebooted TV and router (Plusnet fibre) with no improvement. LG content app always fails with the timeout.

Web searches suggest LG is doing something unusual with the content store internet connection, perhaps it attempts to make an inbound TCP connection or some unusual port mapping is required.

Any body seen a solution for such a problem?
Tagged:

2 Comments

• Reply Title Icon

RE: New B7V problem with internet apps

johnprigbyjohnprigby Member
    Posted on 2018-03-02 07:54:06 Vote Up0Vote Down
    when I returned to the TV hours later the LG content store just worked. don't know if it was a temporary problem at the server end or something needed a lot more time. anyway, that problem is gone, the apps successfully updated and now work.
  • Reply Title Icon

RE: New B7V problem with internet apps

stf7stf7 Power User
    Posted on 2018-03-03 00:01:02 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Strange. Glad you got it working.
This discussion has been closed.