Skip to Content

Issue with my LG OLED TV

Hello, I have a year-old 65-inch 4K Curved LG OLED TV (OLED65CP).

Issue with my LG OLED TV

Posted on 2018-03-01 08:21:33 OLED TVs Vote Up0Vote Down
Hello,

I have a year-old 65-inch 4K Curved LG OLED TV (OLED65CP).

For the most part, I've been very happy with it. However, occasionally, upon turning it on (with my Harmony Elite  universal remote from Logitech) I get the following:

- An error signal regarding the HDMI 1 port superimposed on a blank screen
OR
- A pixelating "snowy" color display or a pixelating "snowy" color display superimposed upon a TV moving picture.

Both problems, once they occur, most often go away when I turn off the TV set and then turn it on again with my universal remote. (On rarer occasions the second problems occurs in the middle of a normal TV reception session.)

I'm curious if anyone in the community, with LG OLED TVs, has experienced these problems and, if so, found a fix for them.

Also, I'd like to know if the community believes that purchasing the LG Premium Care Plan (one-year or three-year) is worthwhile.

Thank you,

Sinan

4 Comments

• Reply Title Icon

RE: Issue with my LG OLED TV

AlexanderAlexander LG Moderator
    Posted on 2018-09-10 18:32:56 Vote Up5Vote Down
    @Sinan, Good day,

I'm sorry you are experience issues with your TV. Regarding the HDMI1, what is connected to your HDMI1? Have you tried a different cable? As far as the snowy image, it could be the cable or the input itself. If a different cable doesn't fix the issue, it may be good to have a tech inspect it, https://www.lg.com/us/support/repair-service/schedule-repair-us

About the premium care, its a personal decision, and peace of mind.
    Sinan
  • Reply Title Icon

SinanSinan Member
    Posted on 2018-11-22 00:52:32 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Sorry, Alexander, I have not been on site for a while (thinking I would get an email notification if anyone responded to my question but I never did). I will be back in touch shortly with a new problem that just came up which I'm very concerned about.
  • Reply Title Icon

sarahmsarahm Member
    Posted on 2018-11-27 01:42:18 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Haven't had those issues, but am having a different problem with the screen color, in that the centre of the screen is distorted. It seems to be in a rectangular shape, mainly with reds or pinks - we don't think it's burn in. We've tried the pixel refresh but it did not fix the problem.
  • Reply Title Icon

AlexanderAlexander LG Moderator
    Posted on 2018-11-27 17:03:05 Vote Up0Vote Down
    @sarahm, Good day,

If you are having a distorted image, and have reconnected the cables to ensure they are not the cause, here is our support article for additional troubleshooting:
    https://www.lg.com/us/support/product-help/CT10000018-20150892310659