Skip to Content

Problems using HW-N950 since I got an LG C9 OLED

I bought my HW-N950 soundbar a few months ago,  and it worked great with my old 1080p Panasonic. I decided to upgrade to 4K, and bought an LG OLED65C9PUA.

Problems using HW-N950 since I got an LG C9 OLED

Posted on 2019-12-06 04:08:55 Help & Troubleshooting Vote Up0Vote Down
I bought my HW-N950 soundbar a few months ago,  and it worked great with my old 1080p Panasonic. I decided to upgrade to 4K, and bought an LG OLED65C9PUA. I just can't seem to get the soundbar to work properly. I use an XBox One X to stream all of my media (YouTube TV, Netflix, etc.),and have tried every combination of hook up I can think of. I am finally able to get it to kind of work by hooking the Xbox to the TV and ARC'ing the TV to the soundbar, but after a while, the soundbar starts to stutter, then there becomes a sound lag, like bad dubbing. I can turn the soundbar off then on again to "reset it", but the issue occurs again after a while. I am trying to run Dolby Atmos through the Xbox. The sound lag seems to go away when I switch the Xbox to DTS Digital Surround, but I don't feel I am getting the most out of the soundbar. Is the HW-N950 just not compatible with the LG OLED65C9PUA?

I have been in contact with Samsung to see if the issue is with the soundbar. After multiple suggestions that did not work, they suggested I contact LG to see if there is a software update. I updated my software the first day I got the TV. Any suggestions?

5 Comments

• Reply Title Icon

RE: Problems using HW-N950 since I got an LG C9 OLED

JamalofLGJamalofLG LG Moderator
    Posted on 2019-12-06 17:35:43 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Coaj, I would not say it isn't compatible but there may be a handshake issue. Something you can try would be connecting the sound bar to the TV via optical. This would correct any handshake problems.

Did this resolve your problem? Let everyone know by selecting "Helpful"!

• Reply Title Icon

CoajCoaj Member
    Posted on 2019-12-07 16:04:44 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Thank you for the response. The optical might help, however, the Dolby Atmos setting on the Xbox One is through HDMI only. Would that make a difference?
  • Reply Title Icon

CoajCoaj Member
    Posted on 2019-12-08 02:31:23 Vote Up0Vote Down
    I connected via optical, and it does take care of the sound lag, however, it prevents me from using the rear speakers that are connected to the soundbar, and I can't take advantage of Dolby Atmos. Any additional suggestions?
  • Reply Title Icon

CoajCoaj Member
    Posted on 2019-12-11 04:01:49 Vote Up0Vote Down
    I am really hoping to get more help on how I can get everything to work. I am seriously considering returning my LG for a Samsung, which I know is compatible. 
  • Reply Title Icon

JamalofLGJamalofLG LG Moderator
    Posted on 2019-12-17 15:33:20 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Coaj, the only other suggestion would be updating the HDMI cable. on the unit. If the problem continues to persist, there would need to be a software update on by LG and Samsung.

Did this resolve your problem? Let everyone know by selecting "Helpful"!