Skip to Content

LG not honoring warranty on new dishwasher

Purchased a new LG dishwasher (Model LDP6809SS) in July of this year. Had it professionally installed.

LG not honoring warranty on new dishwasher

Posted on 2019-12-12 21:35:55 Dishwashers Vote Up0Vote Down
Purchased a new LG dishwasher (Model LDP6809SS) in July of this year. Had it professionally installed. Have used dishwasher once a week and without incident for the past 5 months. This week, it suddenly stopped working. Contacted LG Customer Service. LG contacted a local company who sent a technician out to inspect it. Per the warranty, ALL labor and repairs are covered for the first year. To complete any repairs, the dishwasher must be pulled out. However, LG says pulling out the dishwasher is not part of the labor that is covered. They say the customer must pay for the dishwasher to be pulled out before the repair and put back following the repair. How is pulling out the dishwasher not considered labor? I asked the LG supervisor (1-800-243-0000) and she was rude and dismissive, saying she could not tell us what it is but that it’s not labor. I also asked the local company about it. They gave us a different story, saying the customer is responsible for pulling out the dishwasher for the repair work to be done. LG had been recommended to me for their great customer service. However, it is clear that purchasing from LG was a mistake. They will not honor their warranty. I have read the entire warranty and nowhere does it state that pulling out the dishwasher is the obligation of the customer nor that it is the customer’s cost. LG sold us a defective dishwasher and is not honoring their warranty. Any insight or suggestions?

2 Comments

• Reply Title Icon

RE: LG not honoring warranty on new dishwasher

andrewb735andrewb735 Member
    Posted on 2019-12-13 21:43:42 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Legal action may be necessary here.
  • Reply Title Icon

RE: LG not honoring warranty on new dishwasher

JamalofLGJamalofLG LG Moderator
    Posted on 2019-12-17 21:48:28 Vote Up0Vote Down
    andrewb735, Please send me a message with your contact information and I will have it reviewed for service.

Did this resolve your problem? Let everyone know by selecting "Helpful"!