Skip to Content

Android Oreo for LG-US998

Hello, i have an UNLOCKED V30 (LG-US998) and have read where the Android Oreo update is available / has been released…

Android Oreo for LG-US998

PZLPZL
Posted on 2018-03-13 03:06:01 Unlocked Phones Vote Up0Vote Down
Hello, i have an UNLOCKED V30 (LG-US998) and have read where the Android Oreo update is available / has been released (comments/7q3te9/unlocked_lg_v30_us998_get_android) but after numerous times checking for updates, all that I've received is an security update and am at Android version 7.1.2.  How can I get the Oreo update? 

I've chatted with LG support and they suggested that I call Google since "Android pushes the updates".
Tagged:
dawgmatic

8 Comments

• Reply Title Icon

RE: Android Oreo for LG-US998

stf7stf7 Power User
    Posted on 2018-03-13 11:41:36 Vote Up0Vote Down
    I have a V30 on Verizon, and received the OTA to 8.0 Oreo three days ago. This is on a carrier-locked device. Are you by any chance signed up for some Oreo "beta" program? I read somewhere, someone had to un-enroll in that program, and when they did, the OTA showed up soon after.
  • Reply Title Icon

PZLPZL Member
    Posted on 2018-03-13 16:51:40 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Not signed up for the beta program.  I was just thinking that the unlocked version would get it first....
  • Reply Title Icon

stf7stf7 Power User
    Posted on 2018-03-13 20:08:33 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Yeah, normally that is the case. 
    You aren't rooted or running with special privs are you?
  • Reply Title Icon

PZLPZL Member
    Posted on 2018-03-14 02:44:18 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Nope. No root, no mods. Unlocked straight out of the box. I guess that I should be patient......
  • Reply Title Icon

SenderoSendero Member
    Posted on 2018-04-02 17:12:59 Vote Up0Vote Down
    I am surprised that carrier locked devices, specifically Verizon, received the update before the unlocked devices. I have been a Verizon Wireless customer since they bought out my previous carrier years ago and not once (before this) have they ever released an update this fast for any phone I've owned.
  • Reply Title Icon

NathanMoonNathanMoon Member
    Posted on 2018-05-07 22:59:57 Vote Up0Vote Down
    My US998 just updated OTA to the March 1, 2018 Security Patch and then immediately upgraded to Oreo version US9980a. I bought this beautiful device from B&H three weeks ago and swapped in the sim from my Verizon LGV20. My V30 obviously is on Verizon therefore. I'm not sure which, if any, of these details are germain to the upgrade. Maybe LG was right and Google just updated me today. Maybe it had something to do with Verizon or the fact that I just used the sim from my V20. I'm sorry I don't know. I hope you get the upgrade soon. I should say though that Nougat 7.1 was no hardship. I'll see what the differences are in a few days. Weeks maybe. I'm not a power user.
  • Reply Title Icon

quindenquinden Member
    Posted on 2018-05-08 03:51:44 Vote Up0Vote Down
    I also have an unlocked LGV30 (US998) which received an OTA update today 5/7/2018 to version "US99820a" Android 8.0.0. It is using a SIM from AT&T, same one I've been using for 3 months. I would suspect LG and Google are pushing the update out to all US-based unlocked phones of the same variant. When the phone loads, it now has "LG V30 ThinQ" branding and some of the same AI camera features that others are reporting fron various carrier updates. I purchased the phone in February, so it's nice the update is finally being pushed out, as a beta was released in S. Korea as early as January of this year. So far, so good. The update was pretty seamless. 
  • Reply Title Icon

gbeeps1gbeeps1 Member
    Posted on 2018-10-10 20:17:05 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Where is the LG-US998 made?  And, does LG sell the unlocked LG-US998 through their website?  I've not found a reseller in my area.