Skip to Content

LG DRYER STEAM FRESH CYCLE DOES NOT WORK - CYCLE PROGRAMMING IS WRONG !

This LG dryer sprays too much water on the clothing at too low a temperature and doesn't allow sufficient time for the clothing to dry again.

LG DRYER STEAM FRESH CYCLE DOES NOT WORK - CYCLE PROGRAMMING IS WRONG !

Posted on 2018-03-16 21:34:14 edited April 2018 Dryers Vote Up0Vote Down

This LG dryer sprays too much water on the clothing at too low a temperature and doesn't allow sufficient time for the clothing to dry again. Clothing put through the Steam Fresh cycle comes out  wet, with even more wrinkles than when they were put in. The drum rotates too fast and "pastes" items to the drum surface, holding clothing wrinkles in place. The speed prevents clothing from tumbling through the drum, which would allow items to continually unfold in different ways and relax wrinkles. Tumbling also permits more hot air to reach clothing items to dry them better. I've owned a steam dryer that did all of the above and it effectively reduced wrinkles and left clothing items warm, but dry and nearly wrinkle free at the end of the cycle. LG needs to change DLEX3750 Steam Fresh programming so that  instead of producing a damp mess of wrinkled clothing at cycle end, it does what it is supposed to do - reduce wrinkles and dry the clothing. This isn't rocket science LG, just make a steam cycle that does what your customers expect it to do!

4 Comments

• Reply Title Icon

RE: LG DRYER STEAM FRESH CYCLE DOES NOT WORK - CYCLE PROGRAMMING IS WRONG !

sanmisanmi Administrator, LG Moderator
    Posted on 2018-09-04 21:54:31 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Thanks for this suggestion and updates are rolled out often for improvements on all LG appliances.
    jmillernjRyan03
  • Reply Title Icon

jmillernjjmillernj Member
    Posted on 2018-09-05 22:44:44 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Sanmi - I'd like to believe that's true, but to date, I know of no effort by LG in that direction. Also, how would a LG customer know that a change was available and how would that improvement be loaded into their machine? BTW, there is a typo in my original post. The dryer I referenced is the DLEX4370, not 3750.
  • Reply Title Icon

jmillernjjmillernj Member
    Posted on 2018-09-05 22:46:35 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Sanmi - I'd like to believe that's true, but to date, I know of no effort by LG in that direction. Also, how would a LG customer know that a change was available and how would that improvement be loaded into their machine? BTW, there is a typo in my original post. The dryer I referenced is the DLEX4370, not 3750.
  • Reply Title Icon

Ryan03Ryan03 Member
    Posted on 2018-12-30 17:06:00 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Same exact issue here as jmillernj described. Steam cycle is basically useless for me.